• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2024 General Election Thread

Who did you Vote For

• Labour

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Tory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Green

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Farage Ltd

• Serious Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• SNP

• One of the Niron ones

• Count Binface

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mr Baked Bean Face

• Other Strange Party/Independent

• Total voters
Saw a Tory poster in Bridgnorth today, seen quite a few Lib Dem ones. We have had one Tory flyer in the post and one Labour but been literally bombarded by the Lib Dem candidate with loads of literature for weeks

Driving home earlier approaching a bridge I could see a few people congregating, as I got closer appeared they were holding something then as I passed underneath saw two grown men with a young lad holding a glittery blue home made 'Vote Reform' sign. Sad fuckers.

South leeds has been Labour for decades. I honestly can't remember ever seeing Tory posters on display in my area for either general or local elections.

Same. A traditional Tory seat, only seen Labour posters.
Likewise. It’s striking. The political poster / estate agent sign has gone the way of the erratic tournament football.

Small vote Reform signs in the m42/a42.

Driving home earlier approaching a bridge I could see a few people congregating, as I got closer appeared they were holding something then as I passed underneath saw two grown men with a young lad holding a glittery blue home made 'Vote Reform' sign. Sad fuckers.
Glitter's woke though

A lot of you lads were probably still too young to be that motivated by politics in April 1997, I hope you all have that sense of elation I had back then.

I was 16 and preparing for my GCSEs. Knew enough to know the Tories had to go but not the same vitriol I have now and I certainly wasn't allowed to stay up all night!

I was 16 and preparing for my GCSEs. Knew enough to know the Tories had to go but not the same vitriol I have now and I certainly wasn't allowed to stay up all night!
20 years old and finishing my second year at uni. What a great night. Part of a relatively fortunate generation with hindsight.

I was 20 as well and too perma-shitfaced to even pay attention to the politics in my own house let alone anything else.

For those looking back at the euphoria of 1997, election night in 1992 was as grim as it gets. Defeat grabbed from the jaws of victory although looking back it was a bullet dodged.
Hopefully history wont repeat itself on either.

If you'd travelled back in time to 2014 and showed me my 'disco nap' post...it would have been bang up there in terms of the most unlikely things I'd ever say. I wasn't even disengaged, I was completely oblivious. Politics was literally nothing to me, and it's now probably the thing that takes up most of time if you combine the media I absorb and the conversations/arguments I have on the subject. This will be the first time in my 'engaged' life that I get what I vote for and I'm really excited by that, even if it's pretty far removed from the government/manifesto that I'd design

Reactions: jlo
I reckon I’ve transversed almost the entirety of my constituency over the last few weeks. Only ever seen (many) labour signs and one big reform sign. The area has been conservative since 2010.

Saw a Tory poster in Bridgnorth today, seen quite a few Lib Dem ones. We have had one Tory flyer in the post and one Labour but been literally bombarded by the Lib Dem candidate with loads of literature for weeks
Loads of Tory posters and billboards in North Worcester, particularly in farmers fields.

Have not seen a single Reform poster, plenty of their shit through our door though.

I fly to Ibiza tomorrow, so reading of the Tory demise on the beach on Friday will be glorious, although I am a little sad I won't be watching it unfold Del style.

Seen a few Labour posters and boards here, but not loads. Haven't seen any other party at all and I spend my week driving around Telford

My first general election voting experience was Thatcher coming to power, 78? Which was disappointing so Blair winning in 97 was very exciting for me after so many years of Tory rule, I was nearly 40.

My first general election voting experience was Thatcher coming to power, 78? Which was disappointing so Blair winning in 97 was very exciting for me after so many years of Tory rule, I was nearly 40.

I was 7 but thought it was great that a programme was on the TV before school that morning. It was another 4 years before breakfast TV started!

Loads of Tory posters and billboards in North Worcester, particularly in farmers fields.

Have not seen a single Reform poster, plenty of their shit through our door though.
What I’m finding striking is that, while Farmer Giles is happy to let the local campaign team put billboards up on fences, the rows of suburban houses proudly advocating for the Tories are history. They’ll be sneaking out to vote for them but too ashamed to admit it these days.

Back