• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2024 General Election Thread

Who did you Vote For

• Labour

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Tory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Green

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Farage Ltd

• Serious Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• SNP

• One of the Niron ones

• Count Binface

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mr Baked Bean Face

• Other Strange Party/Independent

• Total voters
I know I’m biased but Sunak is just an unlikeable prick. Lies, grins as he’s doing it like it’s some sort of game, talks over people and is a condescending prat.Hopefully he’ll be given his marching orders next week whereby we won’t have to see him in public life again.
Rant over.

I know I’m biased but Sunak is just an unlikeable prick. Lies, grins as he’s doing it like it’s some sort of game, talks over people and is a condescending prat.Hopefully he’ll be given his marching orders next week whereby we won’t have to see him in public life again.
Rant over.
If you believe what you read he's already enrolled his daughters into a Californian school

I think this is probably Sunak's best performance tbf. He's been interupty and tetchy, but what he's managed this time is to leave hanging questions or points that he knows Starmer can't/won't answer.

Biggest miss from Starmer for me is that he's said quite a few times 'this is nonsense, this is ridiculous' etc, when what he actually needs to do is wait for him to stop and then just calmly say 'we thought the lies had left downing street with Johnson, but he's just looked in your eyes and lied to you. Literally made things up because he thinks you're stupid'.

I think this is probably Sunak's best performance tbf. He's been interupty and tetchy, but what he's managed this time is to leave hanging questions or points that he knows Starmer can't/won't answer.

Judging by a lot of the snap polls post-debate, I don't think Sunak's rude, hectoring style goes down particularly well with the electorate.

The kind of guy people like less the more they see of him

the snap polls were 50/50, but in the context of c20pt poll deficit, being level is a massive achievement, I'm right you're wrong neh neh neneh neh

They cited one on Newsnight that had it 56/44 to Starmer. If it follows the trend of the previous one, the immediate verdict which favours Sunak (I.e. makes it seem even) seems to come round to Starmer the longer people have to reflect on the actual answers. Maybe we should appreciate his ‘boring’ performances - he’s meant to be running the country, not a circus. Not that you’d know that was the actual job given the last decade.

Judging by a lot of the snap polls post-debate, I don't think Sunak's rude, hectoring style goes down particularly well with the electorate.

Hopefully it will energize the floating voter babby boomers who will then feel the need for Starmer's 'Change' and give the country as a whole a boost with a fresh government under Labour.

Focus groups are only anecdotal but this is pretty much what people have been saying in them too.

Sunak appears to do "well" in the sense that he does actually manage to get Starmer into a corner sometimes where he won't give a clear answer - and people do seem to be giving Starmer the benefit of the doubt rather than actually trusting him as a result - but it's not a "debate" method that reflects well on Sunak. Pyrrhic victory at best.

Sunak is shouting at a minority of voters - traditional Tory don't knows and Reform voters. He is in damage limitation mode, like on a games console against a boss level...he is furiously hitting all the buttons in the hope of inflicting some damage before the inevitable defeat.

he is furiously hitting all the buttons in the hope of inflicting some damage before the inevitable defeat.
You've seen Paddy play video games then?

I did see a poll yesterday that had the Lib Dems slated to win 71 seats and the Tories 60. I don't think that'll happen for a second but they're nearer an extinction event than anything respectable.

Back