• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2024 General Election Thread

Who did you Vote For

• Labour

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Tory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Green

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Farage Ltd

• Serious Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• SNP

• One of the Niron ones

• Count Binface

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mr Baked Bean Face

• Other Strange Party/Independent

• Total voters
I am, after all, the cunt's cunt
I imagine whereas you will have put the hours in to learn latin/greek, Boris will have done the bare minimum but has memorised a passage he recites periodically to make people think he’s clever.

Starmer and Streeting were in North West Leicestershire this afternoon which is number 234 on their list of target seats. I’d imagine that are confident of taking it with an ex Tory ex reclaim independent standing, an ex reform Tory standing and a reform candidate too.

Credit to the two Labour councillors dong the rounds in Wolverhampton North East today.

I'm not so sure this is a bad thing, its probably just some weird superstition.

They did similar in the last election. Fact Check UK or something like that.

They've done that before, and got slaughtered for it. Called themselves Fact Check UK and then declared the winner of the debate as being Boris Johnson.

One thing I really hope Labour do is tighten up electoral law, and the consequences of outright lying. They've put actual adverts out saying "Labour WILL increase your taxes" and it's just based on nothing (other than the fact that presumably over the parliament the overall tax take will go up). I think it was Rory Stewart who said something like 'if Pepsi put out an advert saying Coca Cola WILL rot your teeth, choose Pepsi Max they'd be sued to fuck, but in a political campaign you could basically say that the opposition finger dead badgers and there's no consequence.

Back