• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Newcastle 11/01/2020 Build Up Thread

Poor result. We do clearly need signings but that 11 is easily good enough to beat a poor Newcastle team.

Raul and Neto should have won us that however

poor performance, no real creativity, we keep launching crosses in the box hoping for the best

Well if ever there was a match, result and performance to force Jeff & Fosun to put their hand in their pocket and to invest in the squad, that was it.

Rancid stuff. And to think we should have still won 3-1.

Prepared for criticism but why oh why do we keep playing it across the back 3/5 for so long, so slowly against a team not prepared to push up at us ????

16 times we concede the first goal

Miss two chances from three yards

Newcastle were awful in their second half approach but it was no surprise.
Dubravka their best player.
Tenth draw.

Nuno: "We need solutions. We need (new) players that can help us in these type of games."

Very disappointing performance. We need 3-4 new players if we want to kick on. No-one really played well but I thought Doc, Neto and Raul were particularly poor. Johnny not great either.

They look like a team who've played 38 matches.

They're all talented but fuck me do we need some options to freshen things up

We badly need some signings

Vinagre isn’t the option. Unless you value step overs and crosses into the south bank

Nuno: "We need solutions. We need (new) players that can help us in these type of games."
Not too annoyed since it's Nuno, but I tend not to like it when managers say things like this. Feels like passing the buck or even throwing the ownership under the bus.

Why wait till the 85th minute to bring our first sub on if some of our players look knackered ?

That’s not what he said is it? It’s about having alternatives to break the opposition down. We didn’t have a winger to put on for that, the Vinagre sub shows that.

Personally I would have put Jonny to the right and Vinagre on the left. Doherty isn’t showing his best form right now and it means Traore is easier to defend as a result

Bringing Boly and Jota back into this squad will make a big difference, we need need 1 or 2 more though

Bringing Boly and Jota back into this squad will make a big difference, we need need 1 or 2 more though

Not 1 or 2, we need 3 or 4 to really make a fist of the rest of the season. I can't see us signing 3 or 4 now though.

Not 1 or 2, we need 3 or 4 to really make a fist of the rest of the season. I can't see us signing 3 or 4 now though.

Oh I agree, but I just can't see us getting in 3 or 4.

1, possibly 2 at the absolute most

I think we need a forward that is for sure. Then I’d be looking at a centre midfielder or centre back. Don’t think we need four for definite, maybe 3 if we want another wing back

Whatever way you look at it that’s a shit result, Newcastle are awful, got loads of injuries and have Steve fucking Bruce as manager. Not having any kind of threat to bring off the bench is a really bad state of affairs too.

We needed someone like Neto off the bench. Jota starting and Neto coming on and we win.

Back