• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Huddersfield - Build Up & Match Thread

Price gets a yellow for chopping down VLP (gets a cheer from the Wolves fans for doing that)

1-0 Huddersfield. Sounds like Burgoyne should do better

I'm sat behind the north bank and to me it looked like burgoyne reacted quite late to the shot

I'm sat behind the north bank and to me it looked like burgoyne reacted quite late to the shot

Is that where they keep discarded shopping trolleys? If you'd paid a few quid they'd have let you sit IN the North Bank, it's half empty!
Yes it seems that Burgoyne either saw it late or was a step too late getting himself set up for the save and only got a bit of contact on it if any.
Izzy Brown's shot from distance actually went inrto the corner.

Wolves very nearly get level with another decent header well saved by Ward.

Stearman & Price clear well, ball back in but Batth gets there first

We are all over the place at the back just now

@tim_spiers_Star
Wolves being overrun in midfield here.

He'll take off MGW soon. Edwards will stay on obviously.

If Hudds win this 1-0 David Wagner has won both of his previous Championship matches against Wolves, both by a 1-0 scoreline, so this'll be the third time. Interestingly Wolves will have had 3 different managers for all 3 games.

Ironic cheering of successful passes and a few jeers at the half time whistle

Happy days!

Difficult this isn't it Peter.
I can hardly be arsed.
I should have gone to the playground next to the beach with Susie...

That is half time - not a lot of interest in that

It doesn't matter to us - it doesn't really matter that much to them either as they are just about secure in a playoff place already

It shows

Half time recap

Burgoyne - won't make it here I don't think. Poor reactions to the shot, his kicking is too weak and he's so hesitant on his line

Silvio - hasn't really done much, has a tendency to overcomplicate things which is ruining his general game
Stearman - didn't close down for the goal but otherwise has been fine generally
Batth - best defender due to the low bar set, hasn't booted it as much
Iofra - really ropey, struggling against VLP and keeps getting sucked in to make stupid errors.

Price - passing nicely generally but has really left us in trouble twice with poor passes. Also picked up a silly yellow
Edwards - has been the closest to scoring twice with headers but his midfield performance is as expected

Weimann - running without anything of note
MGW - hasn't got going at all despite one or two good runs, wouldn't be surprised to see him off for Mason as he's been otherwise anonymous
Marshall - good free kick for an Edwards chance but otherwise not much. Doesn't seem to know what to do when faced one on one with his fullback

Bodvarsson - lots of running and effort but he's never scored at the Molineux according to Tim and I doubt that will change

Fucking awful football no crowd no one gives a shit!! Lambert can fuck off for me

Marking Silvio in this game is pointless - he needs a run of games to get back - clearly very rusty tonight, but still a better defender than anyone else we have used there this season

Back