• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Derby County - Matchday Thread

The way we were playing, the game plan was nicely going along. Then we forgot what to do in a wall. Amateur.

Well, 40 minutes of being decent and then reverted to type for the free kick. Need to come out playing how we were rather than going back to old habits

Byrne and Kmac look much more solid. Another poor goal to conceded - wall was fairly crap. Siggy needs a goal. Helan doing ok- adds "Power" and pace. Doherty doing ok too.

Well. We don't deserve to have conceded as the defence was playing well.

Only Siggy not in the game. I wouldn't be too upset to see Mason come on for him as he isn't winning headers when we launch the ball up to him or particularly holding the ball up either. At least Mason would give us a bit more movement up there.

Wasn't exactly in the top corner should Ikeme be saving that???

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Despite conceding a really much better performance. I can excuse lack of talent but not effort and passion, which we have shown in abundance. Would like to see more of Siggy 2nd half. Like the look of Helan raw but causes problems.

Wasn't exactly in the top corner should Ikeme be saving that???

No. Too far over for him to get. His starting position was correct.

Organisation for the wall is poor though - before Martin even took it it just looked wrong, you could see he was going to score it.

And on the wall - given that not one person jumps, I'd guess they've been told not to jump.

Organisation for the wall is poor though - before Martin even took it it just looked wrong, you could see he was going to score it.

I thought the wall was poor, my brother reckons ikeme was misplaced so I guess it's both! Though the challenge from Saville was shite and letting Carson have the freedom of Molineux to play the ball fwd was the real issue!

Played ok so far, Doherty looking ok too - maybe feels free to play with no pressure as Deutsch isn't here...

Helan looks useful, having a competent left winger has made a difference!

If it's in the corner it's a great free kick. I'm sat right behind it, it isn't and another that at least in part is down to Ikeme and his concrete boots! If you blame the set up of the wall then that is also the keeper's responsibility. The lack of a jump isn't on him obviously

According to radio WM, the ref wanted to start the game but the TV director wouldn't let him...

Aaaaand that sums up Siggy as a footballer for me. Looks like Bambi on ice.

Back