• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves - Sevilla EUROPA LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL Math thread

I think we've played better than others do. I thought Raul looked nervous for the pen, the way he takes them the keeper will save one every now and then if it's not in the bottom corner.

Need to be careful with some of the passes on the edge of the box, a couple have been too smart and cause us a problem.

Whatever changes Nuno makes, it's not a game I'd change the formation for unless we are losing. We need that extra man in the middle

Sevilla are doubling or tripling up on Adama and we don't have another player able to make a similar impact. Perhaps encourage Vini a bit further foreward to exploit the space.

let Traore run them a bit tired and maybe get a red card..then bring on Neto or Jota..just wondering why they are so much dominant in midfield..tiredness is all i can think of

I know it’s a poor penalty but it should clearly have been retaken?

Defensively been sound, Doherty and Dendoncker particularly stood out for me in that respect, but use of the ball hasn't been up to standard. Was that one early cross from Traore and then the run for the penalty but had very little of the ball since that, Jimenez not really been in the game much either, score the penalty and it's looking like one of the steady comfortable performances that immediately followed the restart.

Hopefully a bit more in the tank to try and create some more chances as neither team really look much of a threat at the moment.

We need to keep the ball better. End of story. Defensively good but we can't keep gifting possession to them so easily.

Even ex refs can't admit they are wrong

He looked like a bit of a twat there didn’t he?

Good first half, playing to plan in letting them have the ball so we can break, but our passes haven’t been good enough when we do.

Ever banega’s not a bad player is he?

I know it’s a poor penalty but it should clearly have been retaken?

Probably by the letter of the law but it's bollocks really, don't think there was anything wrong. Do think Raul was nervous though and didn't do his little skip as he would usually and didn't wait for the keeper to move. Maybe saw Bruno last night, who knows.

So far so good, normal performance by us, need to keep it a bit better when we win it but haven't looked in too much danger. Shame about the pen, it was his usual style, he just didn't quite keep his cool as much as usual and wait for the keeper to dive

We need to keep the ball better. End of story. Defensively good but we can't keep gifting possession to them so easily.

yeah, we have the players to do it..

Probably by the letter of the law but it's bollocks really, don't think there was anything wrong. Do think Raul was nervous though and didn't do his little skip as he would usually and didn't wait for the keeper to move. Maybe saw Bruno last night, who knows.

easy in hindsight..he should have just smashed it, knowing the keeper had seen his pen vs olympiacos..

easy in hindsight..he should have just smashed it, knowing the keeper had seen his pen vs olympiacos..

Every keeper knows how he takes penalties but he didn't take it like that tonight, watch it back he doesn't delay as he would usually. Found it quite strange to be fair.

What is the point? Encroachment & a keeper off his line. But a poor penalty that the keeper knew was coming!

Actually think we've done well on the whole but do want to see Boly, Coady and Moutinho step up when we have the ball. They've given the ball away far too easily if you ask me and if we can keep it better we are more than capable of winning this.

Every keeper knows how he takes penalties but he didn't take it like that tonight, watch it back he doesn't delay as he would usually. Found it quite strange to be fair.

probably a bit nervous as you say

Keeper had done his homework and didn't go early meaning Raul was on top of the ball with no momentum.

Showed the encroachment now and with both we've been basically double screwed over on it.

Walton was a twat as a referee so he is still going to be a twat as a pundit. Arrogant idiot.

Back