• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Kit Thread

Like the Wolf head. That's it.

Looks like a shit GK shirt

It's absolutely hideous :ROFLMAO: I'm sure Harchester Utd had an away shirt like that once. Maybe Jeff is planning on bringing Karl Fletcher out of retirement?

I don't mind bold but that colour contrast just doesn't work. The badge is good, and in the right place, that's about it. Bunch of fucking pricks

Didn't Liverpool have a kit with similar colours a few years ago? Think that was wank too.

The colour scheme is what it is, but I’m actually a fan of freeing the Wolf from the hexagon. We don’t have to change our official logo, but I really like the idea of occasionally using a stripped back Wolf head. A gold kit with a simple black Wolf head, or vise versa, would be fantastic.

The hexagon is an absolutely vital part of the intellectual property actually, and it also gives the head definition.

Without it, the modern logo looks utterly shit, which is in line with everything else in that third kit which is a strong runner for worst kit ever. Even the ironing board cover was better.

Haven't we had a border round the Wolves head for ages. Was the last Wolves head without a surround in 1982 ?

Yeah the Spall/Staw kit, shield was introduced on the Scoreline/Manders shirt in 1988

When I wanted Wolves logos as fret markers on my guitar in 2006 I wrote to Moxey and he gave me permission to use only the hexagon wolf head logo without alterations, as long as there was no commercial purpose.

Sadly, ESP custom shop wanted to charge me a fucking fortune for the woodcarving and mother of pearl on the fretboard so I went with their standard fret markers in the end.

I am sure the head without hexagon is also protected, but that was what they referred to as the official logo. Brewdog may disagree after that product they brought out with a wolfhead but no hexagon.

Back