• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Well done Rob Edwards. Some return to the club!

Done despite losing our top scorer to a pointless loan and Max Kilman becoming a 1st teamer this year. Hope we give the U23s a lap of honour at HT next Saturday

FS I was going to go tonight as well for a fiver but Sydney didn't want to go and Kel was working.

Need to keep the Champagne on ice. If Southampton beat Sunderland 12-0 we will look like tits when they get promoted instead

Need to keep the Champagne on ice. If Southampton beat Sunderland 12-0 we will look like tits when they get promoted instead

Southampton won 5-1 so....

D5WGMm0XsAERd82.jpg

Oskar rocking my 1996 curtains there.

Did the YTS kid put those highlights together?
The official YouTube channel has put together a good collection of videos now. Incredible support from the travelling Wolves fans!

All of these are out of contract at the end of the season (though some will undoubtedly have options, we never bother clarifying this):

Connor Ronan
Pedro Goncalves
Bouabacar Hanne
Carlos Heredia
Terry Taylor
Bright Enobakhare
Dion Sanderson
James Pardington
Alexander Molberg (on loan from Hobro IK)
Daniel Csoka
Sylvain Deslandes
Ben Goodliffe
Aaron Hayden
Connor Johnson
Ryan Leak
Enzo Sauvage

Also Zyro, although he isn't a young player. Clearly he'll be off with everyone's best wishes to make whatever he can of the rest of his career, probably back in Poland.

Unlikely that Ronan or Bright will be thrown away for free.

Goncalves starts regularly for the 23s so may get more time.

Taylor is highly rated and should stay.

Goodliffe appears to have made a good impression at Dagenham and seems likely to get a deal there.

The rest can and should go, Deslandes and Hayden should have both gone years ago.

I was only thinking the other day Ronan might now have more of a chance here given the change in formation since the new year. Long way to go, but the Joao role might suit him better.

Sanderson is a regular for the U23 - I'd imagine he will stay.

I had no idea that Deslandes was still on our books.

He's been at Jumilla all season. Not doing much from memory.

We signed him in 2015. Two year deal with a year's option. Should have got rid of him in 2017 as he'd just spent four months at Bury on loan in League One and failed to play a single minute for them (not because of injury either).

We then proceed to loan him out to Ken's Pompey in the second half of last season, he plays two games before being binned and publicly told by Ken "you can't play at left back" and we give him another year for no reason.

We do odd things sometimes. You might note that EEL is not out of contract for instance.

We signed him in 2015. Two year deal with a year's option. Should have got rid of him in 2017 and he'd just spent four months at Bury on loan in League One and failed to play a single minute for them (not because of injury either).

We then proceed to loan him out to Ken's Pompey in the second half of last season, he plays two games before being binned and publicly told by Ken "you can't play at left back" and we give him another year for no reason.

We do odd things sometimes. You might note that EEL is not out of contract for instance.

That's almost as surprising - I had forgotton all about him (though think I only ever saw him play once so that's probably why)

I was only thinking the other day Ronan might now have more of a chance here given the change in formation since the new year. Long way to go, but the Joao role might suit him better.

I had this exact same thought!

Back