• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 5 v 1 Horwich Wanderers: The Verdict Thread

Maybe. Alf has a good shout too.

Just watched our 4th goal ten times in a row and it gets better and better, unreal finish! We are playing fantasy football atm.

We won't win every game, but my goodness the football is wonderful.

It's certainly unlikely we will win our remaining games, impossible? No.
We can all agree the football is superb though and playing as we are we are more than likely to win this league convincingly. Assuming we keep focused and continue to play to the tactics set out by Nuno.

The gap between Wolves and the rest of the division is similar to the gap between Celtic and the rest of the SPL.

It's certainly unlikely we will win our remaining games, impossible? No.
We can all agree the football is superb though and playing as we are we are more than likely to win this league convincingly. Assuming we keep focused and continue to play to the tactics set out by Nuno.

I have no doubt that the players will play in the style that Nuno has got them playing. He will not allow anything other.

I wonder who it was that persuaded Nuno to come to Wolverhampton?

fd9ae36a0ddcb57ba90e7a23fdc50a7f.jpg

Almost certainly Mendes got Fosun in the door with him. With Mendes' player contacts and the owners resources, it was undoubtedly an attractive proposition for Nuno. He certainly wouldn't have left Porto lightly.

I have no doubt that the players will play in the style that Nuno has got them playing. He will not allow anything other.

I wonder who it was that persuaded Nuno to come to Wolverhampton?

It's only the uncertainty of football that's stopped me breaking out the champagne already! I'm trying to stay grounded (as there is a lot of games to play) but it's difficult when we play as well as we have over the past 19 games!

Obvs getting over excited but:

Reading scored 2.30 points per game for the 106 total
Wolves are averaging 2.32 so far......

It's only the uncertainty of football that's stopped me breaking out the champagne already! I'm trying to stay grounded (as there is a lot of games to play) but it's difficult when we play as well as we have over the past 19 games!

Similar here. No one has ever won the league after 19 games, but I cannot see how we will not do so.

Phil Parkinson:

"They are going to win the league by 10 points. I will say that now.

"We gave some poor goals away against a side who I have to say are by far the best team in the Championship.
The way we're going I think we'll be 10 points clear at Christmas, never mind the end of the season!

I note the Bluenoses are ahead at Bramall Lane. Hold on you bunch of shite. I will still always despise you but this is a nice favour.

I wanted the Blades to win. I'd like to see them go up, Blues go down and Cardiff stay down. I really can't see Sheffield or anyone else as a threat to us now. (A draw is a good second best outcome, though :))

In a word, demolished. Take that McGinley you fat fuck!

I was a bit disappointed with the goal we conceded but the rest of it was majestic. Cavaliero is looking like a proper player now, they all are. It's phenomenal

That was satisfying. Some excellent play but we didnt have to be 'at it' for 90 minutes such was the gulf in class. Wolves and Bolton were barely playing the same game today.

Think Nuno might pull Bennett over their goal, totally avoidable. Coady got lucky in the first 30 seconds too, even if they did get that goal we'd have stepped up a gear or three and rinsed them but I still think Nuno will have noted several things to improve.

On to Blues.

I think Villa will end up our nearest rivals by the end of the season.

Bloody brilliant stuff again it seems today, love it!

Back