• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 5 - Rotherham 0 the best result of the season (so far) Verdict thread

Absolutely. We can agree to disagree on TK, who I thought was excellent today and has a chance of keeping the shirt.

I'd like to disagree cos your wrong on the Kevin Doyle thread but TK played brilliantly today and deserves to keep the shirt. Aside from making some top draw saves, TK is a touch more savvy when it comes to game management, though its easy to manage when 5-0 up!

A very unconvincing 5-0 win. First half an hour, 2-0 up and Rotherham had been played completely out of the game. Then we stopped. Kuscak made some decent saves, flapped at some and Rotherham were threatening to get back in a game that we should already have put to bed.

Our second half performance wasn't much better despite the three goals.

If we can consistently play with the control and tempo we displayed in the first 30 minutes we will be fine, unfortunately our second half display was back to the ragged, inconsistent play of recent weeks. There us too much ability on the pitch to keep throwing up these sorts of performances.

5-0 though. 3 points. Win's a win however it comes.

A very unconvincing 5-0 win. First half an hour, 2-0 up and Rotherham had been played completely out of the game. Then we stopped. Kuscak made some decent saves, flapped at some and Rotherham were threatening to get back in a game that we should already have put to bed.

Our second half performance wasn't much better despite the three goals.

If we can consistently play with the control and tempo we displayed in the first 30 minutes we will be fine, unfortunately our second half display was back to the ragged, inconsistent play of recent weeks. There us too much ability on the pitch to keep throwing up these sorts of performances.

5-0 though. 3 points. Win's a win however it comes.

Spot on summary.
Way too much dilly dallying between the defence and midfield in the second half that resulted in self created pressure..
TK is like the Sako of goalies,one great save followed by some mad freddie barber like walkabouts.

Spot on summary.
Way too much dilly dallying between the defence and midfield in the second half that resulted in self created pressure..
TK is like the Sako of goalies,one great save followed by some mad freddie barber like walkabouts.

What a cunt load of tosh! We won 5-0! Not saying it was perfect but winning by such a margin suggests something went well!

Last edited:
I'm with TSB fully.

What a cunt load of tosh! We won 5-0! Not saying it was perfect but winning by such a margin suggests something went well!

For 30 minutes either side of the half and at only 2-0 we were absolutely shocking and if it weren't for tame efforts by Connor Sammon the result could have been a whole lot different. It really was worrying what happened to us during that period. Beniks second was really against the run of play and ultimately killed the game off. But man I was worried big time.

I thought Macca & Afobe were superb today. Two centre backs played well as well although Stears had his usual control the ball off the post moment.

Tommy K made 2 good saves but if they had scored we'd have scored 2 more. Doyle should've got on the end of Rajiv 'no end product'van LaParra's cross and Nouha could easily have had another. Easy win, nothing to moan about today.

Whilst TK made some quality saves, the result was never in doubt after we scored. The only thing in doubt was keeping a clean sheet. The best description for today is clinical.

Not footballing purist wet dream footy today but 5-0 did not flatter us!

Evening gents, always nice to pop on here on a Sat after a win, and a 5-0 win is fantastic. Now apart from checking the score at HT and FT, I didn't follow the game as I was looking after my little sister today.

I've been saying it for a while, that we were due to hammer someone soon and I thought today was it but from a quick read of the verdicts from those who went, it seems like we weren't deserving of it. Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't read the match day thread or looked at any stats from the game, just going by what some have said.

Great to see the Dicko/Afobe partnership really flourishing, I'm hoping they can fire us into the playoffs yet, Watford and Ipswich losing today could yet prove to be important. Also, how did Doyle do when he came on? Only really want to hear from those who went, as watching Doyler in real life is very different to how he can be described in commentary, in commentary he could be described as having beaten the last man, when in real life he has beaten the last man and is down near the corner flag. Just read an article with Jackett about how he plans to use Doyle.

http://mobile.wolves.co.uk/news/article/gaffer-assesses-striking-options-2286899.aspx

We'll always struggle to control a game playing what is effectively 4-4-2 with any of our midfield pairings. We make ourselves more vulnerable but will score more goals with Afobe and Dicko both playing.

Spot on summary.

Absolute bollocks.

Mental result, I have recently gotten a new phone and am in a period where my sims are both deactivated, I left this morning to visit my mum, who has just moved house and so doesn't have tv or wireless and the radio is my car doesn't work! So I have literally just gotten in from what was virtually being in the 70's and seen the score!

https://instagram.com/p/zX0zDWPMx8/...e=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=video

Good slow mo of Edwards' goal!

If 442 is the way we are going to go, then I would be looking for a centre midfielder who can allow us to play that way and DEFINITELY another forward. We have two pacy forwards, so I'd be on the lookout for someone with more experience who may be accepting of playing the back up role (and who is not Doyle).

Slight sideways step here...
When Reading came here, their few fans went into the middle of the Steve Bull Lower and the black quadrant in the corner of the North Bank was completely empty.

Today, it looks like the Rotherham fans went into the middle of the Steve Bull lower again, but there were a lot of fans in the Black quadrant...
Who were those fans?
What's going on there?
How do they use that corner?

Delighted with the result. I was away in Dublin all day, but brilliant to see us scoring 5.
Obviously I can't comment in any sort of 'verdict' context, but from reading the matchday thread and KJ's video of it after, it seems that the 1st 30 mins were fantastic then it all got a bit scruffy and sloppy.
It also seems that their finishing was absolutely shite + TK pulled off a few great saves to keep it at '0'.
So, not the rampant win the scoreline suggests but good enough at last.

Personally surprised and delighted that Doyle came on.
I'd fucking love it if he comes on again and scores a couple.
Boy, I'd fucking love it!

Surprised to see some of you suggesting that no one wanted to pass to him, or made every effort not to give him the ball.
I'd really like to think that Jackett had sorted all that shit out.
And for the sake of the team we're trying to do the best we can with all 11 on the pitch.

It really doesn't sound like we can play well enough and do the best we can with 10 men only (and fuck Doyle).
That would be a really disappointing attitude.

The reality of Doyle today was he never got in any real positions to get a decent ball.. He bounced about a little and that was that.

Absolute bollocks.

I don't get this response because you were at the game. There were times in the second half where we just invited them onto us by messing around at the back when a clearance would have sent Rotherham back towards their own half.

Having listened to Kenny's post match comments it seems fairly clear he wasn't happy with some of the stuff that was going on particularly in relation to how we "managed" the game which I guess means making the wrong decisions on the pitch.

We were clinical up front on a day that pretty much everything on target ended up with a goal, that isn't something that can be relied on game after game and while winning by 5 is nice there are still problems that need to be sorted out because at this stage of the season, the margins for error are less forgiving.

I think Paddy is more on about the TK remarks. I thought he was excellent today and made some top draw saves.

Back