• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - Bristol 3 the more excitement in one game than the whole of last season ve

After watching the highlights
Can you point us in the direction of them please. Just got back in and currently hugging the radiator what a miserable night off the pitch.

Bonatini was magic we must have been watching different games Alan, scores one and sets up potentially countless others but gets a 5.

His decision making is brilliant the chest down to Jota as an example.

He is also great at intercepting the ball and reading things.

Am I the only one that saw this lol.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

You're not on your own Siggy, I thought Leo was excellent tonight.

Bonatini was outstanding again. His touch is sublime at times and links up Jota and Cav almost every time. Again unlucky not to be sitting on a brace tonight same as Jota.

Like I said, I know others saw his game differently, maybe my football IQ just isn't high enough to properly understand what he does, but I just didn't see anything from him today that impressed me.

Bonatini's work of drawing out defenders and laying it off is excellent.
It creates the space around for the other attackers to take advantage.
However, he really needs to be getting on the end of some of the final balls Into the box... it'll end up being the difference of us winning matches.

Like I said, I know others saw his game differently, maybe my football IQ just isn't high enough to properly understand what he does, but I just didn't see anything from him today that impressed me.

Nothing to do with 'footballing IQ' Alan, some folk just see the game differently. I'm also drunk, so there's that...

Ref looked an absolute tool with his gesture for why he had given the penalty, what an idiot. Terrible decision.

Not sure how anyone can say the first goal was because of zonal marking? Neves misses the ball and we actually clear the ball initially plus there are two crappy deflections. The problem with the third is people leaving their zone. if they stay in it we don't concede the goal, several got caught following the flight of the ball.

It might be that you just look for different things in a forward mate (what with your love of centre forwards it wouldn't surprise me, ha!).

Personally in the bit I caught in the second half he looked great. What we've been missing in a forward for years and he is looking like a proper goal threat too.

It might be that you just look for different things in a forward mate (what with your love of centre forwards it wouldn't surprise me, ha!).

Personally in the bit I caught in the second half he looked great. What we've been missing in a forward for years and he is looking like a proper goal threat too.

A David Kelly of the modern era

Proper article tomorrow but for now:

Ref was absolutely wank (almost as bad as the Cardiff joker - bad for both teams on this occasion), Doherty played well (yeah, really), anyone slagging off Leo has me to answer to, Cav was excellent and how we didn't win I don't know.

Bonatini's work of drawing out defenders and laying it off is excellent.
It creates the space around for the other attackers to take advantage.
However, he really needs to be getting on the end of some of the final balls Into the box... it'll end up being the difference of us winning matches.
This is how I saw it. As a back to the goal link up play number 9 he is really good, but he plays on his heals. He should score at the end of the first half after Jota's shot stings the hands of the keeper and needs to gamble when Doherty pulls the ball back at 0-0. He offers a lot to the side and will keep his place, but if he had a strikers instinct he'd be a 25 goal a season player.

1) We are good. Love watching us play
2) We shot ourselves in the foot twice
3) Bristol are a decent team. Certainly shouldn't be in a relegation battle this season
4) Ref - No comment

Not long in. Really good game, combative and both teams had some real quality about them. Don't know how Flint or Brownhill lasted the whole game. Both should've been gone for two yellows. No idea why Coady's tackle was punished as it was a fantastic tackle. This led directly to the penalty.

We look fantastic going forward and should easily have won this. Cav was outstanding all game as was Leo.

The referee was good first half but fucking atrocious second half. No idea why but he lost the players, benches and ability to make consistent decisions for both teams.

I know a lot are disappointed not to win and we conceded to soft defending but that was a really good entertaining game and a joy to watch.

jammy jammy jammy bastards, the way Leo is going he could well be a 20 a season man one went across the box and missed his toes by 2mm. Superb match, Brizzle weren't half bad but we would on another day slaughter them. Shitty night but great entertainment at least Cardiff lost tho

After seeing some highlights, i'm pissed off i had to work tonight but the signs are still positive from what i can see. Bonatini scores and assists and to me looks a top signing and with Costa to come back we are going to be some side. After seeing their goals though not sure how zonal marking can be blamed especially for the first one but the third one their lad loses his marker and then beats someone else to the header (couldn't make out who they were on the highlights on my phone). I see Nuno has said we need to work on set pieces again so it will be interesting to see what we do.

Referee sounded shit again and no matter what anyway ones they have a massive impact on the game and are doing so against us quite frequently right now.

Flint does Saiss in the air for the header on the third goal.

I think people are right to have concerns over set pieces (as I'm surely Bristol City will too haivng conceded two themselves), but as I said earlier it's something the whole team will have to adapt to and then once they start to get that right we will be pretty solid defending them. When one person steps out of their position at the moment it causes problems but I would rather we strive towards something that will help us long term and at a higher lever too

Back