• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - 1 Owls verdict thread.

Jackett will remain Manager into the new season, if we start as we finished he'll be sacked (about November), I, along with thousands of other fans will buy the new shirt and pay no attention whatsoever to what's printed on the front.
In other words, things will carry on in much the same way as they always do.

No. No. No. Jackett must go. I don't care if they employ the retiring merchandise assistant manager from the shop instead, his tactics and double talk are beyond being tolerable.

He finds a system that works in the first half today, as has already been noted. So, what does he do at half time? He changes it. If Wallace was ill, play Hunte, like for like, or if you are desperate for experience, then Byrne instead. How stupid is the man to change the damn formation when it was working???

The first half had me smiling again. The second half made me want to go ape with an M-16. It illustrated why we are going nowhere but down with Full Mental Jackett in charge. And which new owner is going to be attracted to a failing club in the Championship, with loads of dead wood in all the key admin positions? All those pay-offs having to be made straight away. Worst still our prospects for a sale if we are in League One.

you can always buy the shirt, put some tippex and write whatever sponsor you like

No. No. No. Jackett must go. I don't care if they employ the retiring merchandise assistant manager from the shop instead, his tactics and double talk are beyond being tolerable.

He finds a system that works in the first half today, as has already been noted. So, what does he do at half time? He changes it. If Wallace was ill, play Hunte, like for like, or if you are desperate for experience, then Byrne instead. How stupid is the man to change the damn formation when it was working???

The first half had me smiling again. The second half made me want to go ape with an M-16. It illustrated why we are going nowhere but down with Full Mental Jackett in charge. And which new owner is going to be attracted to a failing club in the Championship, with loads of dead wood in all the key admin positions? All those pay-offs having to be made straight away. Worst still our prospects for a sale if we are in League One.

He didn't change the formation. He moved James Henry from a second striker role and replaced him with ALF in that similar role.

I'd love to know why he hasn't played the kids more. Does he just think they're not ready or was he too scared of losing? Would have made more sense for them to show us all what they can or can't do, even for half an hour surely. And why out Reid on the bench last week and ALF back today? His squad selections are so odd.

I'd love to know why he hasn't played the kids more. Does he just think they're not ready or was he too scared of losing? Would have made more sense for them to show us all what they can or can't do, even for half an hour surely. And why out Reid on the bench last week and ALF back today? His squad selections are so odd.

Agree with you, he should have played the kids much more in the latter stage of the season...why?? Dont know..only master KJ will

has anyone heard his after match interview ?
if he's knows there are glaring deficiencies, then why after all this time has he not addressed them ?

has anyone heard his after match interview ?
if he's knows there are glaring deficiencies, then why after all this time has he not addressed them ?
It's his way of saying to the board we need to buy.

He has already stated he doesn't want certain players sold and now he wants the board to back him with buying players and to do it before June 27th.

He has all but admitted he and the club got it wrong when the plan to build the team around Dicko and Afobe went tits up.

It begins and ends with Jackett. Incomprehensible decision not to give the kids a go today. Fucking useless. Just so far beyond fucking useless as to be out of sight.

I am really torn. This season has been an abomination of that there is no doubt but....

Add Dicko, Graham and for the latter part Zyro to our team and I fully believe we would be 10 points better off.

I changed my view I wanted KJ to stay for a long time but the baffling team selections and tactics combined with the results and general performances changed that I was in the KJ out camp.

Question is if we were 10 points up would I still want him sacked? I really don't know as a football fan emotions too often take over from logic.

What I wonder is this ... Graham, Dicko & Wallace with Mason behind and a Solid pairing of Price and Saville in midfield this encourages me.

I won't make excuses for the recruitment it has been nothing short of appalling but!!! What if they back KJ and we see his real vision?

His additions need to be better than I suggested above I think a GK is a must but perhaps we can be up there next season in the mix for the playoffs?

Williamson captain a few quality signings and who knows.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Edwards was brought on to keep him sharp for his summer exploits. I can't believe anyone would deny him this.

I am really torn. This season has been an abomination of that there is no doubt but....

Add Dicko, Graham and for the latter part Zyro to our team and I fully believe we would be 10 points better off.

I changed my view I wanted KJ to stay for a long time but the baffling team selections and tactics combined with the results and general performances changed that I was in the KJ out camp.

Question is if we were 10 points up would I still want him sacked? I really don't know as a football fan emotions too often take over from logic.

What I wonder is this ... Graham, Dicko & Wallace with Mason behind and a Solid pairing of Price and Saville in midfield this encourages me.

I won't make excuses for the recruitment it has been nothing short of appalling but!!! What if they back KJ and we see his real vision?

His additions need to be better than I suggested above I think a GK is a must but perhaps we can be up there next season in the mix for the playoffs?

Williamson captain a few quality signings and who knows.

Yes, 10 extra points would be very nice, but no squad stays fully fit through the season. Coping with injuries is a key part of the manager's job. You might well argue that we have been very unlucky this season. You could also argue that we have around 6 points more than we should have - there were some ridiculously lucky wins over Xmas. Take off those six points and we are down there in 17th/18th.
Jackett's real vision? If he had any vision of the future all he'd have given Bright and Hunte a go yesterday, and for a good few games before. Sorry, just don't think 'Jackett' and 'vision' belong in the same sentence

Yes, 10 extra points would be very nice, but no squad stays fully fit through the season. Coping with injuries is a key part of the manager's job. You might well argue that we have been very unlucky this season. You could also argue that we have around 6 points more than we should have - there were some ridiculously lucky wins over Xmas. Take off those six points and we are down there in 17th/18th.
Jackett's real vision? If he had any vision of the future all he'd have given Bright and Hunte a go yesterday, and for a good few games before. Sorry, just don't think 'Jackett' and 'vision' belong in the same sentence
I know I am in danger of clutching at straws but I do think the injuries were well over and above what any team would plan for in a season. I do however agree that some of those wins over the Christmas period were incredibly fortunate and in reality perhaps mid table mediocrity flatters us.

A manager under pressure often makes bizarre decisions, bear in mind MM's 2nd season there were a large percentage wanting him sacked (I would have taken that season over this by the way!!) he was also choosing crazy teams (Henry on the wing, Neil Collins FB.....) yet we did improve the following and win the division.

If there was a decent manager out there willing to come to us then I would be all for it but who would want to join us in the state we are? I think we are stuck with Kenny at least in the short term till ownership of the club changes hands, with that in mind I only hope that we spend at least some money and make things slightly more entertaining.

Not bringing the kids on yesterday was annoying but I understand why he gave Edwards some game time even though it doesn't really benefit us, Edwards is another I don't want to see anywhere near the squad let alone the bench next season if we are really to progress. Its time for Edwards to go back to Shrewsbury as their captain and play at his level, top professional, top bloke, terrible footballer.

A decent GK, LB and striker should be at the top of the list over the summer, Kenny will probably make a big money move for Grant Holt now I have said all this.

Lets at least try to be optimistic other wise it will be a very long summer :)

If Doherty wins POTS I think we can kiss goodbye to investment at left back. Especially after the Stearman uproar last year when he was deemed surplus.

I've said it before regarding injuries we were fucking dire well before Graham even got his chance or Zyro had even signed much less seeing them get injured. Blaming injuries is cheap, they haven't helped for sure but are not a determining factor.

I also question Jacketts vision given in recent interviews his new buzzword is experience but his managerial brief when appointed was all about promoting from within and giving products of our academy their chance. This season he has largely ignored it aside from when there was a necessity like Graham banging on the door.

I know I am in danger of clutching at straws but I do think the injuries were well over and above what any team would plan for in a season. I do however agree that some of those wins over the Christmas period were incredibly fortunate and in reality perhaps mid table mediocrity flatters us.

A manager under pressure often makes bizarre decisions, bear in mind MM's 2nd season there were a large percentage wanting him sacked (I would have taken that season over this by the way!!) he was also choosing crazy teams (Henry on the wing, Neil Collins FB.....) yet we did improve the following and win the division.

If there was a decent manager out there willing to come to us then I would be all for it but who would want to join us in the state we are? I think we are stuck with Kenny at least in the short term till ownership of the club changes hands, with that in mind I only hope that we spend at least some money and make things slightly more entertaining.

Not bringing the kids on yesterday was annoying but I understand why he gave Edwards some game time even though it doesn't really benefit us, Edwards is another I don't want to see anywhere near the squad let alone the bench next season if we are really to progress. Its time for Edwards to go back to Shrewsbury as their captain and play at his level, top professional, top bloke, terrible footballer.

A decent GK, LB and striker should be at the top of the list over the summer, Kenny will probably make a big money move for Grant Holt now I have said all this.

Lets at least try to be optimistic other wise it will be a very long summer :)

I've said it before regarding injuries we were fucking dire well before Graham even got his chance or Zyro had even signed much less seeing them get injured. Blaming injuries is cheap, they haven't helped for sure but are not a determining factor.

Exactly this Linc. We were shit, and the only injury we have had is Dicko. One player shouldn't make that much difference particularly when you still have Afobe.

Graham wasn't in the team, Zyro wasn't signed, Hause wasn't exactly a nailed on starter. That's your lot for long term injuries.

As for signings, I don't really know what we need. Theoretically we don't need a striker as we just signed one for £3m! Maybe a loan again. You don't know if we need new midfielders as I'm not sure if it's the players that are the problem or the manager.

With Graham unlikely to be back till Autumn, Zyro out all season, Henry not really good enough, Byrne looks way below the required standard and Wallace not really a wide man, I'd say this is the area that needs the most investment.

From the little I have seen of Wallace out wide he looks very promising but in reality we need to see quite alot more before deciding it's a permanent fixture. I agree Byrne not up to scratch and Henry no better than back up in my eyes so perhaps another wide man.

I wouldn't be against signing Helan on the cheap as eventual back up to Graham and a stop gap to kick the season off if Graham not ready.

Mason looks useful and I could see a decent partnership with Dicko there based on movement and pace, I suspect Kenny sees it differently and will opt for a big lump up top.

Back