• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 Burton 1 Verdict thread

It cannot be the referees fault every time we fail to win, but he is an easy scapegoat. I take it that none of the players on view made a mistake.

Frank don't make comments like that if you weren't there. It's the reason people call you a WUM.

The ref was absolutely abysmal.

It cannot be the referees fault every time we fail to win, but he is an easy scapegoat. I take it that none of the players on view made a mistake.

As if people haven't criticised any of the players?

Of course some players made mistakes but the ref was spectacularly awful today. I don't think we can scapegoat him for the result/performance, indeed I'm not sure anyone is? But let's not pretend he performed well.

No-one said the players didn't make any mistake. Far from it. If the players were poor, I'll call them poor. If the ref was poor, I'll call him poor.

And he was poor. He wasn't the reason we didn't win though.

Of course some players made mistakes but the ref was spectacularly awful today. I don't think we can scapegoat him for the result/performance, indeed I'm not sure anyone is? But let's not pretend he performed well.

I wasn't there so I cannot comment, but one thing that is consistent is that when Wolves don't win the referee is not very good. Referees are not perfect, but neither are footballers.

And who has said footballers are perfect?

I wasn't there so I cannot comment, but one thing that is consistent is that when Wolves don't win the referee is not very good. Referees are not perfect, but neither are footballers.

No-one has said that, Frank.

People are entitled to call the ref shit if that's what they saw!

Sorry Frank but you're talking shite.

I don't remember anyone slagging the ref off when we lost to Huddersfield.

Think its a bit over the top to refer to Frank as a wum, just cos he doesn't follow the herd all the time

Ref v Ipswich was fine.

Today's wasn't. There was 10 minute spell where he lost all control of the game, for both teams. We didn't win today because we messed up but that doesn't hide the fact his performance was woeful.

I agree, generally people do blame refs. Not today. He wasn't responsible for us drawing, he was responsible for a sub-parr performance that spoilt the game as a specticle and he was inconsistent with decisions.

Think its a bit over the top to refer to Frank as a wum, just cos he doesn't follow the herd all the time
Always has been, always will be, or at least takes an entrenched position on a situation - refs being great, Wolves are great, managers are great, Tories are great and won't ever concede on any of them.

Ref was awful today, but didn't cost us the game.

A real shame we conceded so late, would have been great to come back from the break from a win. How did we start the game? As previously we have been a bit slack. You can tell there is a difference when Bod is on the pitch, much like Dicko.

The ref would have been cack if we'd won 1-0.

A real shame we conceded so late, would have been great to come back from the break from a win. How did we start the game? As previously we have been a bit slack. You can tell there is a difference when Bod is on the pitch, much like Dicko.

Yeah it was a very slow start, we didn't really get going at all in the first half. As I said at half time in the matchday thread, we looked like a team full of footballers but not a football team. But it's very early days and plenty of encouraging signs. Hopefully things will click soon.

The difference between Gladon and Bod is quite ridiculous. I don't wish to sound like I'm totally writing Gladon off after one performance, but Bod offers so, so much more. It's a no brainer for me - if he's fit, start with Bodvarsson. He looked more dangerous as soon as he came on.

Slow start, only cavaleiro shot in first half testing keeper, Mason and bod changed game,

I am used to it. Daring to have an alternative opinion is frowned upon, but such is life. One thing I do know is that during the course of almost every game you will see is that the referee makes fewer mistakes than the players. But it is easier to blame the referee when things do not go as expected.

Back