• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Aston Villa: Verdict Thread

On the basis that I've seen Bright Enobakhare look really good on a football pitch with my own eyes, I'd happily swap them atm

On the basis that I've seen Bright Enobakhare look really good on a football pitch with my own eyes, I'd happily swap them atm
In an alternate universe I wonder how his career goes if he scores just one of those chances at City in the league Cup.

Since squad numbers came in for 1999/2000 (neatly dovetailing with Steve Bull's retirement for this purpose), who has Fabio Silva above halfway in this list of number 9s? Even if you forget he cost £35m.

Havard Flo
Temuri Ketsbaia
Adam Proudlock
Nathan Blake
Vio Ganea
Carl Cort
Andy Keogh
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake
Leigh Griffiths
Leon Clarke
Nouha Dicko
Rafa Mir
Raul Jimenez
Fabio Silva

I think he actually thought about that (for once) and made a good decision. It looked weird though.
A lot of people have said this and I honestly have no idea how you are all coming to the conclusion. It bounced on the 6 yard line didn’t it, with no one in the post code? Just take a few steps forward and catch it waist high?

And didn't cost 35m, wasn't called a generational talent and isn't currently at the club. He's as deficient in the same areas as he was when he was 18, there's been no improvement there despite what the Fabio Truthers like to pretend to themselves. He isn't coming good at Wolves.

Bright Enobakhare is only 25.
That's a stick to beat Jeff Shi with mostly.

Do you think Cundle will come good at wolves?

A lot of people have said this and I honestly have no idea how you are all coming to the conclusion. It bounced on the 6 yard line didn’t it, with no one in the post code? Just take a few steps forward and catch it waist high?
We defended the corner well enough so it's a bit moot, isn't it? Little gaffes like that (accepting it's a gaffe, which I feel is harsh) are going to happen and it's more important that the team respond to "fill the gaps", as it were.

As weird Sá moments go, letting that ball bounce doesn't really tip the scales for me, tbh.

Personally no (if we're still a Premier League club in 2024 and beyond) but then I have no great hopes pinned on him and nor does the club have any huge investment loaded in him.

It'd be like asking in 2012 who's worse, Jamie O'Hara or David Davis.

Davis had me fooled with his debut (I think) against City tbh.

Jeff has (for now) removed himself from the footballing side of Wolves. He will lose zero face when Hobbs starts the process to sell him (or loan him out endlessly until his deal expires)
Did Hobbs not get the memo yesterday regarding the weather?

2.74085585.jpg

I didn't think he was sulking on Saturday, he just wasnt very good, not strong enough, not fast enough, not skillful enough. We didn't play to his'strengths' such as they are and I'm not sure we will play a style ro suit him in the near future.
If we get anywhere near a decent offer (15m?)in January, we should sell him. I suspect he will be off to one of the low countries on loan though.
Disagree. His demeanour was the first thing I noticed and it was shocking. The kid didn't ask for the price tag and so much pressure is piled on him because of it that he needs to be handled with care. Expecting a young kid to come in and rip up trees in the Prem. is asking way too much. I didn't like his attitude on Sunday and had high hopes when he came back but I can totally understand why some folks say get rid given that display.

Probably not, but we'll sell him to a Championship club for 3-5m after costing us nothing. We'll sell Silva to a European club playing outside one of the glamour leagues for 10m if we are lucky, losing 25m. As comparisons go, I get where you are going, but think it's fundamentally flawed

Disagree. His demeanour was the first thing I noticed and it was shocking. The kid didn't ask for the price tag and so much pressure is piled on him because of it that he needs to be handled with care. Expecting a young kid to come in and rip up trees in the Prem. is asking way too much. I didn't like his attitude on Sunday and had high hopes when he came back but I can totally understand why some folks say get rid given that display.
I was happy enough to give him another go after his last loans but so far that's now seems a stupid idea, he clearly doesn't have enough of anything, he's not a kid any more, so I'm fully in the rid camp now. I realise he hasn't had many minutes but there doesn't seem anything to work with.

Re Fabio. Multiple rolling of they eyes as he was issued with instructions before coming on. He’s got a huge chip on his shoulder and doesn’t have enough natural ability to counter that. He’s done at Wolves and the Premier League.

We defended the corner well enough so it's a bit moot, isn't it? Little gaffes like that (accepting it's a gaffe, which I feel is harsh) are going to happen and it's more important that the team respond to "fill the gaps", as it were.

As weird Sá moments go, letting that ball bounce doesn't really tip the scales for me, tbh.
Well it is moot and I said as much yesterday. We don’t need to call it a gaffe though (just a bizarre decision), but I was just getting very confused how it is being labelled as the correct decision. He just has to walk 3 yards (and had ages to make that decision) and catch a looped spinning ball, with no one within 10 yards, not even a tough skill for a non professional.

It’s right in front of me at the game, I asked why he didn’t just do it whilst it was in mid air and he’d still have had time to catch it. We all found it batshit by me. It was really odd and then to say it was correct is even more odd. It is moot in the end but it’s more of a howler than the Robertson one which he got tons of grief for.

But yeah wasted my time with this post as it’s moot but hey ho.

He should be given the chance to do so and he'd be pretty good in the right system.

Silva will never be any good as we've seen.

And that's on ability not on price tag.

We need to stop quoting the Silva price tag too. We’ve moved on from that. We are saying he’s not good enough because he’s not good enough. If we’d have paid £3.5m it doesn’t make him any better. Just less of a waste of money.

I also don’t understand the “we don’t play to his strengths” argument. I honestly don’t know what they are or how we would play to them.

Back