• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Reading: The Verdict

I refuse to give one on footballing grounds. I'll nominate Holt for making me feel better about the size of my own arse.

Only positive is I'm off down the pub in a min where there's a 10% beer on. Sooner I can forget that game the better.

I refuse to give one on footballing grounds. I'll nominate Holt for making me feel better about the size of my own arse.

Ikeme for stunningly accurate impersonation of Ian Bell fielding at slip...

EEL for claiming a foul with a straight face after he shanked it out for a corner and fell over.

That performance has made me more concerned about us staying in the league, if performance levels continue like that we'll come very close to the drop.

Ikeme for stunningly accurate impersonation of Ian Bell fielding at slip...

3 times Ikeme really pissed me off. The 6 yard box is surely his area to dominate?! He seemed unable to venture 2 inches off his line - FFS Carl, you're a fucking mountain - claim the thing. It's your domain - knock anyone and everyone out of the way and claim the ball once in a while!

That back 4 and the guy behind them are incredibly nervous at the moment. Quite how we got a clean sheet is beyond me. They have the poise, skill and control of a dog chewing a toffee, and I think Ikeme has to grow a pair and be taking charge of his own penalty box.

Can I nominate fan of the game as well. I hope your on here but I doubt it, but a woman in the lift down from the North Bank saying she hopes we sell Benik Afobe to raise the money to bring in a defender, then going on to say we'll be ok as we can play Holt and ALF up front to compensate.

EEL for claiming a foul with a straight face after he shanked it out for a corner and fell over.

They showed that in slow motion and I still don't understand how gravity decided to elude him for a split second. I thought we had Tim Peake playing at centre half.

The worse thing for me was Edwards lay when we were in a attacking position at the end of the first half which put us on the back foot and he ended up in the book.

Graham and Afobe played well in the first half....and Henry in sporadic bursts.

Second half......erm...........

Although listening to WM after, they were praising a "backs to the wall, great defensive display especially by Landell in the 2nd half"

Personally watched the stream on a russian tv station with a lone english commentator.The sort of stream that shows the entire half time "entertainment"
from a camera at the back of the south bank.

Not sure where the crowd mic was but most of the 2nd half you could hear a very audible sarcastic Wolves fan.

"Fucking ell Jackett, dont suppose we can have a sub sometime soon"
"Stay where you are lads no need to cross the halfway line.......fucking ell"
"Oh fuck me.....its Grant Holt"

Found myself watching just to hear his comments.:icon_razz:

Well if that's what we have to do to get a clean sheet that is a very sad indictment of the club. That second half was sheer drudgery and at times you've got nine players lined across the eighteen yard line. But Reading are a good side ??? Far more attacking first half in what appeared a 4 - 1 - 4 -1 with all but Mac playing a high line. Plenty of energy if lacking the guile we desperately need. Shaky at the back, the defence turned a few times but I thought we were well in control. Second half it was a hot potato and we looked intent on giving it back as quickly as possible (mostly in the air). An embarrassment of a second half. Bring on the new wave ...

We missed Jack Price.

MoM James Henry or Jordan Graham.

That was robbery I'd be miffed if I was a Reading fan. Jackett really has totally lost the last shred of respect for his ability I have in him as a football manager who can effect a game. One tactic, one tempo and usually one sub. He made no effort to stem the the slaughter in the second half, other than take a winger off for a winger. The fact that there was enough space in front of our defence for Reading to basically look like Real Madrid and just take shot after shot, didn't seem to be an issue. To be fair as Afobe was only getting scraps from the odd accurate hoof upfield, bringing Holt on made sense. I have never been so pissed off after a win in a long time. Golborne over Doherty, poor selection. Great result but a huge steaming turd of a performance again after 30 minutes.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

It speaks volumes when the best crosser for us was Doherty. A couple of lovely balls into the box but no one anywhere near them.

BTW, I'm not suggesting he played well otherwise. Because he didn't.

"Oh fuck me.....its Grant Holt"

Found myself watching just to hear his comments.:icon_razz:
I chuckled at a lad behind. Grant Holt just came on and Jason Forest said 'There will be a minimum of four minutes stoppage time' and the lad said 'Will Holt last four minutes'

I chuckled at a lad behind. Grant Holt just came on and Jason Forest said 'There will be a minimum of four minutes stoppage time' and the lad said 'Will Holt last four minutes'

:icon_lol:

Although listening to WM after, they were praising a "backs to the wall, great defensive display
That would have been Franksy wumming to get people to call in.

The problem is this will have bought KJ a safety of 5 more matches.

All pretty pointless at the moment, results are irrelevant, until at least two players never play for Wolves again and the Manager is sacked nothing's gonna change, something those in charge better come to terms with.
I just hope that when the new Manager is appointed and he's received 5 pages of welcome to Wolves he doesn't, for his own sake, pick David Edwards in his first game in charge.

I have no idea what you're on about Trev, everyone would like nothing more than for us to start playing great football and winning games convincingly. Doesn't seem likely though. If you think that 1-0 travesty papers over the cracks then I don't know what to say.

Oh and I hope the next manager doesn't pick Edwards as quite clearly he is a rubbish footballer. No justification for him being in the team, it's genuinely like playing with 10 men. If you can tell me what he's offered in any of the last five home games, I'm all ears.

I'm fucking chuffed that we have won but my god it was awful to watch, the only saving grace was that for all their possession Reading are also shit.

Graham is our best player right now and by quite a long way imo, Afobe trying but isolated. EEL was so bad in the first 20 minutes or so but after that and especially in the second half did ok which i can't say for Batth who gives the ball away constantly and decided to not make any tackles in the 2nd half and let everyone go past him. Thought Ikeme also tried his best to throw one in too.

There's not a real positive apart from the result which i guess is the main one but against any half decent side or probably against Reading on another day we lose.

Back