• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Reading: The Verdict

I honestly can't think of a positive performance wise. A few spells after we scored isn't enough to warrant a 'well played son' IMO.

I can only hope that the result gives some sort of adrenaline boost to the squad and we can show some kind of confidence in the upcoming matches.

Though frankly, we could put out an entirely different XI and we'd play better than that.

Erm..... There's a 10% ale down the local. And we somehow won. Positives over.

I can't think of a MOTM. Maybe anyone who actually bothered to go to the game because the players were bloody clueless.

It's one of those games when the result *should* matter, but the manner of the performance means that I'm finding the result pretty meaningless.

We were absolutely dreadful.

I got shamed in the pub beside me, as I asked them to switch from Setanta's coverage of the Liverpool highlights, to Sky for us. I was the only Wolves fan in the pub and it got switched to BT's coverage of Newcastle at half time due to the absolute football diarrhea on their big screen.

I got shamed in the pub beside me, as I asked them to switch from Setanta's coverage of the Liverpool highlights, to Sky for us. I was the only Wolves fan in the pub and it got switched to BT's coverage of Newcastle at half time due to the absolute football diarrhea on their big screen.

The first half was miles better than the second!

There was a spell after we scored when we really cranked up the quality to 'fairly good'. But like one of those invincibility TVs on Sonic the Hedgehog it soon ran out, and we were left with no rings.

If Jackett cor get sacked after the last tripe game then he isn't going nowhere after a win. Lololll

Grant Holt looked like he'd had a decent Xmas dinner...

1st half doesn't count then?

Jackett's been sold so far down the river by Thelwell that we're forced to name a team with only one defensive sub on the bench. He's in a situation where he had to name his best defensive/midfield line-up and hope it holds for a full 90 minutes. We got away with it today, no doubt. Not Kenny's fault, mind you.

Does Thelwell sign players over jacketts head or does KJ go to KT and say "we need a RB", KT goes off and returns with his list of recommendations interspersed with KT going to Kenny with players he's found or have becoming available? I can't for a second believe that KT acts independent of KJ as it would result in a power struggle and why would it occur now when he's been in role for this duration of Kens reign?

Jackett's been sold so far down the river by Thelwell that we're forced to name a team with only one defensive sub on the bench. He's in a situation where he had to name his best defensive/midfield line-up and hope it holds for a full 90 minutes. We got away with it today, no doubt. Not Kenny's fault, mind you.

Of course Thelwell picks the players and plays the most awful, eye bleedingly shit tactics known to man doesn't he?

I wish Jackett all the best just not at our club anymore.

Awful display especially 2nd half, 1 shot on goal for the entire half. If we'd lost 4-1 is say fair result. Only positive is the result everything else a big concern.
Batth, EEL and Doherty way out of there depth at times.

Special mention for Danny Baath who played like a ballet dancer in the 2nd half, giving players loads of room and then sticking a heel out behind when he'd been skinned. He looked like he was warming up for Swan Lake at times.

Matt Doherty wouldn't be the best left back option at Bilston Town, let alone Wolverhampton Wanderers, so he wasn't picking his best defensive line up to start with.

By the way that's now 237 minutes vs Forest, Leeds and Reading that Dave Edwards has played at Molineux, more or less as a centre forward and had a total of 0 shots in that time. Don't think he had a shot in the 60 odd minutes he was on the pitch vs MK Dons either. Truly appalling.

We played like it was the 3rd round of the cup like we were a league 2 side against a PL side.

Had to point out at the pub why I didn't celebrate Henry's goal - the fact we'd gone ahead in the last three matches and had just a single point to show for it.

And a Man Utd fan had the audacity to be miserable that they had lost 2-0 to Stoke earlier!

They grumble because they are now sixth in the table. In our current circumstances I noted we could only DREAM of being sixth in OUR table!

As I think others have stated, you know when things are bad when we win and we are still as mad as hell.

Is this the undeserved three points which consign us to another season in League One, as nothing is going to be changed in enough time to avoid another season in the third tier?

And so, here we are, hoping against hope that the transfer window will be our salvation. Williamson signed permanently. And what else? No point having the quality playing staff when our manager doesn't know how to build a team which makes the best use if its talents.

I knew I should have stayed at home and watched a Blu-ray. If "I Believe In Miracles" had arrived by now, I think that would have been the one...

Matt Doherty wouldn't be the best left back option at Bilston Town, let alone Wolverhampton Wanderers, so he wasn't picking his best defensive line up to start with.

By the way that's now 237 minutes vs Forest, Leeds and Reading that Dave Edwards has played at Molineux, more or less as a centre forward and had a total of 0 shots in that time. Don't think he had a shot in the 60 odd minutes he was on the pitch vs MK Dons either. Truly appalling.

Oh fuck, I'd forgotten about Edwards! Did he play the whole game?

He did. Well, he was on the pitch.

The reaction of the crowd at the end said a lot, no huge cheer just a murmur of happiness we'd won but the fans know how bad that was and how bad it's been.

MOTM was given to James Henry apparently. I thought he was fucking awful personally.

Scored a goal though #fmratings

Back