• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - Huddersfield 1 - an irrelevant game with an irrelevant scoreline verdict t

Let's put this to bed shall we. As far as I'm concerned if this bullshit is repeated it should be treated as the words of a poor wind up merchant at best.

Jeff Shi on 22nd July 2016 the day the takeover was completed..

“Football is enjoying a huge growth in China and, of course, is England’s national sport. As part of our strategy, it makes perfect sense to buy a great Football Club.
“Our goal is crystal clear: we will do our very best to help take Wolves back to the Premier League as soon as possible and to stay there. We believe the Club and the fans belong at the top of English football and getting there is our first and top priority.
“However, we will continue to develop and enhance Wolves Academy and to create more and more young talent for the first team and to keep it as one of the very best in football. We also understand the importance of the Club’s role within Wolverhampton and the surrounding communities and that is something we are determined to continue.
We are fully aware that achieving success for Wolves will not be easy. It will take hard work, resources, determination and togetherness. We will work with everyone who supports Wolves to help create a bright future for this great Club.
“We can’t wait to get started on the exciting times ahead and look forward to a long and ultimately successful ownership of Wolves.”

Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...is-complete-say-law-firm/#5094vE7C3ygkVKIY.99

Jeff Shi on July 25th in the first press conference of the new era

He explained: "Any investment into club will not be problem for us. For players we should think about it the smart way.

“We have said we will invest between £20 and £30m over the next two years. That is a necessity and if necessary we can put more money in. He's looking to add between five and eight players to the squad. Mr Shi added: “I had a lot of talks with Kenny and Jez at the weekend about this.

“We have two weeks before the beginning of the season and then three to four weeks before the end of August.

“So we have two time windows. The plan before the beginning of the season is that we will have several players and start to play with a very solid first 11.

“After that we have the three or four weeks to try and strengthen further. In my mind, we will be adding five to eight players to the squad.”

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...6/07/25/fosun-international-arrive-at-wolves/

Did we cobble signings together for the opening weekend?
Did we continue signing players up until the end of the transfer window?
Did we spend 20-30m already?
Did we break our transfer record in August?
Did we break it again in January?

Jeff Shi further said on July 26th

“For us the reason to invest in Wolves is very simple – we needed to find the space for growth.

“We have a very good stadium, academy, young players, a very good history and legacy, and a very good fanbase.

“The only thing we need to do is put money into the club for better players. We want to find some space to grow, and you need a very good structure. There are very few clubs in the world who can combine the two things together. Wolves is one of them.”

And he plans to sign between five and eight players in the next few weeks.

We want to win promotion as soon as possible,” he said. “I can’t guarantee this year or next year.

“Football is football. As soon as possible, but we will work very hard to be promoted within the shortest time we have.”

And on his hopes for the club’s future, Mr Shi added: “Fosun in Chinese, we pronounce ‘fu-sin’. “And ‘fu-sin’ in Chinese means renaissance. So maybe it’s time for Wolves’ renaissance. We have a very good history, from the 1950s is a long time. It’s a good time for us to go back to the position we had.”

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...wolves-to-premier-league/#9UAvD3A4CWHjWcUo.99

Jeff Shi said on April 7th

And main director Shi, speaking to the media for the first time since September, suggested that Zenga's surprise appointment at the start of the season was a big reason behind Wolves' disappointing campaign.

He also warned against fixating too much on short-term results.

"I said at the beginning it's a 10-year plan," Shi added. "We have huge ambitions but we have to start from the first year. We have to move forward step by step.

"You can't do everything in one day. We need at least three years - the first year is this season, we needed a strong enough squad to compete for at least the play-offs.

"The second year we will try and get the squad stronger and maybe then we have the potential to compete for the top two. The third year we should ensure (promotion). We should be at the same level as Brighton and Newcastle.

"It's a three-year plan, but the sooner the better. After that, more challenges will come.

"I think we're one window away from being a very strong team for promotion. The fans can see next season will be very exciting.

Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...-was-his-biggest-mistake/#YI0OeHiIYwF4OxgJ.99

How can Shi promise the world if he didn't speak to the media between September and April?
Does it sound like promising the world when he's talking about 2/3 year plans and step-by-step progression?

Proper blog in the morning but for now; much like the Brighton game, we came up against a team who at present are just better drilled and equipped than us on every level. At arm's length again and they didn't have to do a whole lot for a deserved win.

Silvio and MGW were good, Edwards and Stearman in particular were fucking abysmal.

We need to get rid of all this dross in the summer, do I trust that will happen, not really but we have to hope that we can take the required steps.

Was at work so gave my ticket to my Dad for the 3rd game in a row tonight and his text that read "shit again" at half time sounded about right. From what he says he agreed with you DW, said Silvio looked good and improved a lot second half. Was also insistent that Stearman and Edwards were as bad as you can get.

For all that Frank gives the wrong reasons for it, i'm not convinced we will be any better next season under Lambert. He's had 2 really good spells but the other periods have been as bad if not worse than Zenga and Jackett last season without a doubt which does worry me.

Lets not beat about the bush. We are on the beach. We have been for a couple of weeks now. Fosun may not have promised the earth and may well have insisted it was a process but even with those expectations the players and home performances in particular have left everyone underwhelmed. Its just the same crap from the same crap players and until they change them you could have Alex Ferguson as manager and we would still serve up crap games like this.
This was the season to challenge in my opinion. The league was as bang average as it is going to get for a few years with Sunderland and Middlesbrough coming down and Sheff Utd and probably Bolton coming up. We dont have great records against any of those sides with the notable exception of a play off final. There are probably 15 sides with a realistic chance of challenging next season and at present, we are not one of them. We are one dimensional and easy to work out on our home pitch. 11 home defeats proves that. Our record against lower half sides proves that. I would be happier if Fosun or Shi or Thelwell or Lambert or all three came out and were honest and released a statement saying
1. This season has not been acceptable
2. The playing staff needs to be significantly improved and this will happen
3. We are really sorry for the shit we have served up at home for three seasons. STH get 50% off renewals for next year

But they wont and 25000 will still be turning up next season to watch more dire football played by the same dire players getting the same dire results. I look forward to losing at home to shit like QPR,Bolton, Birmingham ETC. If you do what youve always done youll get what you always got. Radical change or more of the same. They are the only two choices.

Ok, three seasons is wrong because our record of 13-6-4 in 2014/15 was the 5th best in the league. And this was not the season as we had a diabolical squad as of late July and had a month to fix it, while Brighton were here adding to a squad which got 89 points last season and Newcastle came down with their Champions League winning manager and abundant spending power (plus a squad that should never have gone down anyway, they just employed a moron for months). If you think Boro and Sunderland, let alone the two shit L1 teams are hitting that level...well I'm not sure you've seen them play. And we aren't talking about 25,000 fans either, let's not flatter ourselves here. Our support is ok but nothing outstanding and we rarely get near that big a crowd.

But yeah, the home form is crap and needs sorting out, it has been terrible for two years (not three) and there's one simple factor at play, we pick and retain shit footballers. Don't pick the likes of Dave Edwards or you'll finish about 15th in the second tier. It's that easy.

Did we cobble signings together for the opening weekend? No but we were beaten 4-0 at home by Swansea who are struggling to survive in the premier and may well be playing at our level next season. That should have been a clue as to where improvement was needed
Did we continue signing players up until the end of the transfer window? Yes we did but failed to address the key areas of Goalkeeper and centre half . The Bod experiment failed as did Tex . Stearman was not an upgrade but a stopgap. Silvio could be ok if he doesnt break . Dont hold your breath.Dicko didnt come back and needs a pre season. Cav and Costa have been fine even better if they play in tandem- which is not often
Did we spend 20-30m already? Yes. Who didnt? Prices mean half the teams spent that. Villa and Newcastle lots more I believe.
Did we break our transfer record in August? Yes. Again so did lots. 10 million doesnt get Ronaldo these days
Did we break it again in January? Yes , but I will crow about it if he stays next season. If not it was an investment for profit with an eye on a sale rather than to strengthen the team.

Frank may well have it wrong. The quotes provided show that its a process but I really really hope that those running the club have learnt from this season and dont just think its something they can apply a sticking plaster too next season and we will be challenging. The players here are not good enough to challenge consistently in this league. Sure they stand a counter punchers chance hence our away record is ok. But at home we are the place to visit. If youre in need of a boost or some easy points come to Molineux. Whether its Park the bus or not it pears that- counter attack- score- defend the lead- leave works- Leeds, Huddersfield,Derby, Wigan, QPR, Birmingham,Newcastle, Brighton,Barnsley,Norwich Sheffield Wednesday have all come here and walked away with the points and we have failed to score in 6 of those games. We still have no plan B. We only look a real threat when Cav and Costa play in tandem. We look like conceding in most games. No Goalkeeper at the club is up to standard and only Hause has a long term future here as centre half.
But if Fosun had read this forum they would have known all the problem issues before they came or before a ball was kicked in anger , because its been bloody obvious to all for the last 2 seasons.

We need a commanding goalkeeper
We need a commanding leader at Centre half, who can play football
We need a proper left back
Whatever the question, the answer is never Edwards
Centre forwards are there to score not try hard- we had Kevin Doyle for that.

If they had addressed just those issues last transfer window, even with loans, then added Cav and Costa I am certain we would be a lot higher in the table as we would have scored goals at home and turned a few of those draws into wins and a couple of the defeats into draws.

So, Fosun, Thelwell, Shi do quite rightly, come under scrutiny in the final reckoning and need to react appropriately to the evidence that has been presented to them on the home pitch

Ok, three seasons is wrong because our record of 13-6-4 in 2014/15 was the 5th best in the league. And this was not the season as we had a diabolical squad as of late July and had a month to fix it, while Brighton were here adding to a squad which got 89 points last season and Newcastle came down with their Champions League winning manager and abundant spending power (plus a squad that should never have gone down anyway, they just employed a moron for months). If you think Boro and Sunderland, let alone the two $#@! L1 teams are hitting that level...well I'm not sure you've seen them play. And we aren't talking about 25,000 fans either, let's not flatter ourselves here. Our support is ok but nothing outstanding and we rarely get near that big a crowd.

But yeah, the home form is crap and needs sorting out, it has been terrible for two years (not three) and there's one simple factor at play, we pick and retain $#@! footballers. Don't pick the likes of Dave Edwards or you'll finish about 15th in the second tier. It's that easy.

I know that whenever we go to the Northeast , with a notable exception of Newcastle this year ironically, we come back with nothing. Middlesbrough have an indian sign similar to Huddersfield over us. Wigan and Burton came up from league one last year. Our 1 point from those giants in 4 games does not leave me optimistic that we will do better against Bolton (who we lost and drew too in the season they were relegated IIRC)Our record v Sheffield Utd this century in championship matches is 3 wins 7 draws and 4 defeats another win in the play offs and 2 wins in league one.

I know I am being kind with 25k! We live in hope. Villa, Norwich, Leeds, Middlesbrough,Sheff Wed, Reading, will all be stronger next season I fear. Sunderland may not be but Middlebrough will get Gibson backing and be hard to beat . I struggle to see how the current crop of crap players will challenge.

The impatience here is staggering, it really is.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The impatience here is staggering, it really is.

Easy to be pompous when you're not wasting your own money and time watching the same players, playing in the same manner making the same mistakes week after week. We have lost 11 home games this season out of 22, that's nothing short of a disgrace for a club like us at Championship level. Without looking it up I guess it's our worst home record at this level losses wise in over 30 years, the majority of which we've been at the second tier. We are so easy to play against at home, put men behind the ball and make yourself compact and you get your clean sheet, then hit us on the break/ beat us with a bit of individual skill /wait for one of the usual suspects to make an error or switch off and you get your goal for the victory. Even teams like Wigan know the drill.

With a few exceptions we have a core group of players who are totally interchangeable because they are all bang average and aren't ever going to be anything better than reserves in a top 6 side, we need half a new first 11 to be challenging towards the top which is unlikely to be rectified in the Summer.

People are perfectly entitled to be pissed off with what they have had to watch this season, the thing keeping us up is our away form, but only 10% of fans watch us away compared to home. Patience is fine if you can see improvement, Costa aside we haven't improved this year and won't whilst we have 4 or more of the likes of Batth, Stearman, Price, Edwards, Coady, Doherty, Saville, Ikeme, Lonergan and Bod in the starting 11 game after game.

Since we got to 51 points and realistically guaranteed safety, we haven't been interested in 4/5 games. I hope Lambert is seething, I hope he can see this mob for the bunch of half arsed tosspots they are, I hope he's mentally transfer listed the lot already.

Again, staggering.

I'm not saying we're going to walk the league next season if we have the same players, but one season is not enough to create the shift that we need in order to be competitive.

Frankly I do find the vitriol to be over the top. If that makes me pompous, then so be it.

they appear to think that everything in the garden is rosy though, thats the worrying aspect. cant see them ditching Lambert or Thelwell anytime soon

Find me one quote, just one, where Fosun have stated they think everything is rosy. I'll give you a week if you need it.

Let's put this to bed shall we. As far as I'm concerned if this bullshit is repeated it should be treated as the words of a poor wind up merchant at best.

He is the greatest wind up merchant I have ever encountered on any forum but he is certainly not a poor one. He knows exactly what he is doing and he is very good at it.

As for the football, yet more shite served up by an average manager and average players. If you'd have told me at the start of last summer that we'd be taken over by billionaires but Edwards would still play nearly every game I'd have laughed it off as a big joke.

Frankly I do find the vitriol to be over the top. If that makes me pompous, then so be it.

Ok for somebody that really doesnt give a shit about Wolverhampton Wanderers. Go draw another team out of a hat dude preferably a Premier League one.

Easy to be pompous when you're not wasting your own money and time watching the same players, playing in the same manner making the same mistakes week after week. We have lost 11 home games this season out of 22, that's nothing short of a disgrace for a club like us at Championship level. Without looking it up I guess it's our worst home record at this level losses wise in over 30 years, the majority of which we've been at the second tier. We are so easy to play against at home, put men behind the ball and make yourself compact and you get your clean sheet, then hit us on the break/ beat us with a bit of individual skill /wait for one of the usual suspects to make an error or switch off and you get your goal for the victory. Even teams like Wigan know the drill.

With a few exceptions we have a core group of players who are totally interchangeable because they are all bang average and aren't ever going to be anything better than reserves in a top 6 side, we need half a new first 11 to be challenging towards the top which is unlikely to be rectified in the Summer.

People are perfectly entitled to be pissed off with what they have had to watch this season, the thing keeping us up is our away form, but only 10% of fans watch us away compared to home. Patience is fine if you can see improvement, Costa aside we haven't improved this year and won't whilst we have 4 or more of the likes of Batth, Stearman, Price, Edwards, Coady, Doherty, Saville, Ikeme, Lonergan and Bod in the starting 11 game after game.

Since we got to 51 points and realistically guaranteed safety, we haven't been interested in 4/5 games. I hope Lambert is seething, I hope he can see this mob for the bunch of half arsed tosspots they are, I hope he's mentally transfer listed the lot already.

Correct in every word. It has fuck all to do with patience. If a child made the same mistakes every day at school a teacher would intervene. We have made the same errors with the same players under 3 managers in 2 seasons. Only Stevie Wonder could noit see that

Ok for somebody that really doesnt give a shit about Wolverhampton Wanderers. Go draw another team out of a hat dude preferably a Premier League one.

No need for that quirk

Jeff Shi on 22nd July 2016 the day the takeover was completed..

Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...is-complete-say-law-firm/#5094vE7C3ygkVKIY.99

Jeff Shi on July 25th in the first press conference of the new era

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...6/07/25/fosun-international-arrive-at-wolves/

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...wolves-to-premier-league/#9UAvD3A4CWHjWcUo.99

Jeff Shi said on April 7th

Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...-was-his-biggest-mistake/#YI0OeHiIYwF4OxgJ.99

How can Shi promise the world if he didn't speak to the media between September and April?
Does it sound like promising the world when he's talking about 2/3 year plans and step-by-step progression?

Should sticky this.

No need for that quirk

Alan is a shit troll and has been doing this act for many a year. Wolves will win, lose or draw, and Alan will shrug his shoulders and fuck off to Disney Land without any care in the world.

Again, staggering.

I'm not saying we're going to walk the league next season if we have the same players, but one season is not enough to create the shift that we need in order to be competitive.

You're correct that one season will not sort things out. But it hasn't just been this season when people have realised the likes of Edwards, Doherty, Coady, Saville, Batth etc... are not good enough. This has been going on for a while, some of these players haven't been good enough for at least 2-3 seasons now. They should have been replaced and upgraded by now

You're correct that one season will not sort things out. But it hasn't just been this season when people have realised the likes of Edwards, Doherty, Coady, Saville, Batth etc... are not good enough. This has been going on for a while, some of these players haven't been good enough for at least 2-3 seasons now. They should have been replaced and upgraded by now

The problem for me is in all that time, (three different managers) one thing has remained a constant... Who we have in the background advising the manager.

When Jackett went Zenga had to keep Mountain, Edwards and Daley so he had help "adjusting to the players he inherited". He was allowed to bring in one extra member of staff.
When Lambert came in AGAIN the same staff and Thelwell were retained so they could "advise him...etc". Again he brought one member of staff with him.

The reason the same shit gets trundled out week in, week out (but sometimes in different positions) is the clique that has formed between certain long time players and the coaching staff. We need a full clean out and the manager needs to bring his own coaches in and more than bloody three coaches! I don't know if that manager should remain to be Lambert because, as a strong manager, he should've been able to see the flaws in the players that he has selected and the positions he has selected them in.

However the main changes must be the removal of Kevin Thelwell, Pat Mountain, Rob Edwards and possibly Tony Daley too as there is something wrong with our medical department which has been shown with players recovery times and injury reoccurrences.

Also, on behalf of myself, Aikiwolf and SamWolf I would like to apologize to Deutsch, LemonJelly and Johnny for them having to sit through that garbage last night in our absence ;)

Back