• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 2 Brentford: "That Familiar Sinking Feeling" Verdict Thread

Ugh

Miserable display, that level of performance was unacceptable.
Cannot think of single positive from tonight, very rare you get two halves of such lethargy from one side.
We've been beaten by side who's coach openly stated he doesn't want the job full time.
The back four was ropey all night with appalling distribution at times out from the back.
Midfield was over run at times, we looked very predictable going forward which allowed Brentford to sit deep and soak up any pressure we could apply.
Afobe missed a sitter but can't think of to many saves Button had to make.
The last 4 matches are a microcosm of how our season will pan out. The squad we have is mid table fodder we have a back with two players learning on the job and a real lack of consistency in wide areas and a head coach scratching his head to work out his best 11.
Needed a win tonight considering our up coming games it ain't getting easier.

Why have we backed off KMac and Price pairing in the midfield once again? This season is really fucking irritating. And enough of the players out of position bullshit.

I think it's fairly obvious that the sale of the club is going to be a long, drawn out affair, so any significant injection of funds is not going to happen in January. From what I've seen, the best we can hope for is mid-table mediocrity. It's all a bit depressing.

There is a lot of negativity on social media tonight, has the world ended?

That was garbage.

KMac was abysmal. Batth had an absolute shocker. Iorfa as bad as I have ever seen him play. Coady - beige. Price okay I suppose if I am being kind. Nobody deserves more than about 4 out of 10 for that "performance".

I am beginning to have serious misgivings about Kenny Jackett at the moment. Not sure what the hell he is trying to do, but we are falling to bits. Brentford were no more than a compact side with very little threat, and we managed to be utterly and completely outplayed by them.

RANCID.

That was by far the worst performance in a long time just couldn't see where we were going to score, Brentford played at a canter first half was like a training match. Share the general sentiment of most above, KJ not having the greatest moment of his wolves career at the moment, I really would struggle to know who is going to be in our staring eleven against boro. I'm afraid it's mid tab at best this season and until a new owner/owners are in place this is what we will have to get used to. Sadly we probably will lose Afobe in January then and we will will be in trouble then, not great times.

Price made a difference when he came on to be fair to him didn't do a lot wrong.

It was pretty poor but that's football especially being a Wolves fan in recent times, it'll probably get better before the end of the season and all the hysterical angst at Molineux tonight will turn into cheers again. Sigh!.

That's why he gets okay. Nobody else gets anywhere near that.

Pissed off with watching KMac pull out of tackles as well.

Says a lot that I'm more worried about staying in the division than pushing for promotion.

We're bang average Championship fodder.

No style of play (unless hoofing it to the smallest player on the pitch is a style), no players who are going to get you off your seat, especially when Afobe is at right back, and a leaky defence.

There's also nothing on the bench to change the game. If KJ has the final say on transfers then he is responsible for everything and has to be under serious pressure

Not been to the match so no direct comments on the performance, but a few thoughts:
For 3 consecutive seasons Price has come into the team and performances and results have improved, yet KJ still doesn't seem to rate him and drops him at the first opportunity. Now I think he is a limited player and can see why you would want to upgrade (not that Saville, Rowe, Evans or Coady are that), but surely he can see that he brings the best out of McDonald and when McDonald is at is his best so are we?

433 is a decent formation in this league IF you have the correct personnel; Ince Martin Russell works, Afobe Le Fondre Van La Parra doesn't.

Defeat at Derby cannot be written off simply as being beaten by a better team, it killed confidence last year and could do again

I don't believe Jackett signed or wanted Byrne and seems to be going out of the way to show this. He hasn't been given a chance and the final substitution today when chasing the game for me shows this. It also brings into question whether he wanted to sell Stearman

Ojo only seems to work as a sub and not a starter

Are we indulging Afobe with this 'wanting to be involved all the time' crap. Play him up top, see his last goal against Huddersfield and numerous last season as evidence, McDonald can't play killer through balls to him when they are stood 5 yds apart in the centre circle

Not enough competition for places, Batth, Golbourne, Kmac and Afobe pretty much know they'll be in every week.

We started poorly. Progressed to woeful. Finished abysmal. Our man of the match was Price, a second half substitute defensive midfielder.

Jackett on borrowed time for me now as 12 games in he doesn't know how we want to play, what formation to play and who our best 11 players are and where they play. One of the worst performances i have seen in a long time and VLP was our best player when he came on along with Price and neither of them were that good.

It was pretty poor but that's football especially being a Wolves fan in recent times, it'll probably get better before the end of the season and all the hysterical angst at Molineux tonight will turn into cheers again. Sigh!.
The hysterical angst?

Sanctimonious post.

No-one is being hysterical as far as I have read. People are pretty much seeing the match I saw except not giving Brentford enough credit for a good midfield. We were poor all over the pitch. The so called apathy of supporters is unfair. It's up to the team to perform and the manager to facilitate that.
What I didn't like was booing them off at half and full time but paying customers/supporters can show their feelings.
As for KJ tbh he must be pulling his hair out as he was one of the most consistent players ever. For me he doesn't get the best from what he's got. He will not be sacked but he has to get something going before Christmas I'd have thought.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

We started poorly. Progressed to woeful. Finished abysmal. Our man of the match was Price, a second half substitute defensive midfielder.

This for me. At least Price injected some pace into the game and upped our tempo. Worrying sub of Iorfa who either tweaked a knee or rolled an ankle, either way not good. And to top it all for the 2nd goal Doherty tried to play a man at least a yard onside offside and just stood there looking a complete buffoon as the guy rolled it past a piss poor Martinez.

I think Jackett may be done here, but I can't work out if it really is his fault for buying a lot of players and playing them out of position or having players foisted on him that he can't put into a winning formation.

Back