• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Does make the January signing a farce though, how much money would've been wasted on a fee and wages when they could've picked him up as a free agent in the summer?

0b5c2e366b7162182083c5b0f3b91c8e_400x400.jpeg

Absolutely. It didn't seem to be a case of us beating off a host of competition for his signature, so it looks like pretty piss-poor business.

Saying that, I do think Williamson will have an impact next season.

It always seemed a bit of a strange one to pursue in January to me, the 2nd half of Wolves' season was never likely to turn into anything so there was no real rush to bring him in, even if there was competition he wasn't screaming out as someone who desperately needed signing to make a big difference in the future. Waiting until the summer to see if you could get him for nothing to give you a welcome bit of experience seemed the wise choice to me, he was never going to be anything more than a Sam Ricketts style short term fix.

It always seemed a bit of a strange one to pursue in January to me, the 2nd half of Wolves' season was never likely to turn into anything so there was no real rush to bring him in, even if there was competition he wasn't screaming out as someone who desperately needed signing to make a big difference in the future. Waiting until the summer to see if you could get him for nothing to give you a welcome bit of experience seemed the wise choice to me, he was never going to be anything more than a Sam Ricketts style short term fix.

Any possible appeasement after selling Afobe perhaps? Did the same with Byrne and Stearman IMO.

Helan has been recalled.

Goodbye to any balance we might have on the left hand side of our team.

I fully look forward to seeing Edwards/Siggy/Saville shunted out there for the remainder of the season.

Thanks for your effort, Jeremy. It was much appreciated.

Henry can play on the left. I've seen him have good games there. Most likely to be Saville though. Gives Ken a good excuse to put Edwards back in e striker.

i just want KJ to play as many youngsters he can to get experience, not fussed about result. Attacking display please and a lot of running off the ball..

That would be a quality signing.

Haven't seen Cunnigham play but I understand he's a left sided centre half, is that correct Lycan? If so that's end of Hause - sold on to the highest bidder.

Haven't seen Cunnigham play but I understand he's a left sided centre half, is that correct Lycan? If so that's end of Hause - sold on to the highest bidder.

Sold on to the First bidder surely?

If Martinez survives at Everton I would expect a move from him for Hause.

Sold on to the First bidder surely?

If Martinez survives at Everton I would expect a move from him for Hause.

Doesn't he usually go for old donkeys of centre halves?

Thinking back to his Wigan days and shit like Caldwell and Alcaraz. Hause and Stones together would make their current defence look borderline watertight.

I thought Cunningham was a left back?

Doesn't he usually go for old donkeys of centre halves?

Thinking back to his Wigan days and shit like Caldwell and Alcaraz.

They have watched Hause a lot. Going back to his time at Wycombe

Spurs have watched him too I'd heard.

I thought Cunningham was a left back?

He came through the Man City youth structure as a left back. Has done the rounds in the Championship playing left back or centre back, steady rather than spectacular Championship level performer.

Cunningham is a left back. I don't have any faith in Doherty's form continuing (and let's be honest, he's only really turning in bog standard performances you'd expect from an average full back at this level, it just looks better as he is normally sub-League Two levels of awful and the rest of our team is shocking at the moment) so we definitely need to sign someone, Cunningham would be an excellent bit of business.

We desperately need a keeper, I'd have a look at Dan Bentley who is out of contract I believe.

Back