• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

I know some PNE fans who would argue vehemently that Cunningham is up there with George Friend as one of the best left backs in the league.

I know some PNE fans who would argue vehemently that Cunningham is up there with George Friend as one of the best left backs in the league.

I could argue that George Elokobi will turn out to be the next Usain Bolt, doesn't make it true.

This is a sad question to ask, but why would a Preston first team player sign for us at the moment?

To wear our lime green away shirt....obvs really

We will take the fee i guess

He'll be worth way more than that in a year or two.

He was our best defender and attacker yesterday. From centre back.

He is worth way more than 3 million. Especially with the new TV deal. Come back with 12 million and we might think about it.

Worth far more than that - what did Tyrone Mings go for? £8m? But whatever we get, for God's sake don't give the money to the idiot who spent £2m on Coady and £3m on Mason

£3m is insulting with the tv deal, what Bournemouth paid for Mings and the fact Iorfa has been in the u21 setup carries its own premium.

If we accept £3m I'll be livid. As above though, I wouldn't trust Jackett with Monopoly money.

Bournemouth signed Tyrone Mings for £8M+

Iorfa is a better player than Mings.

Can't see Palace wanting to pay 3 million, usual paper bollocks.

I am trying very hard not to go into a similar rant as I did last close season when it all looked painful on the horizon and turned out to be actually worse with a snore fest season playing shocking football and one of the worst home records in the league. It would not surprise me in the slightest if Iofa is sold especially if Jackett Moxey and Morgan are all still here on 1st August. If not perhaps we have a chance but as I said last year... dont hold your breath. Hause and Iorfa would be 5 or 6 million for us to spend on quality like Coady or Mason ffs!

Stilyan Petrov announced his intention to comeback as professional footballer. Training with Villa in pre-season. Would anyone take him? 36 now so getting on even without considering he hasn't played for a long time now. Great story and I hope it works out for him.

Petrov was a wonderful footballer. If he's fit I'd 100% take him as an upgrade on Edwards. A hard working, charismatic footballer who our young midfielders like Price, Saville & Evans could look up to and learn from.

I generally don't buy into the whole "experience" thing when it comes to sports, but we lack leadership in such a bad way that I couldn't possibly turn him down. He should also lack the normal wear and tear of a normal 36 year old athlete, having been out of the game for so long.

He's off then. Not really a hands-off warning. Basically saying "We want him to stay but if a big bid comes in we will have to look at it" Translation - "Let's start the bidding, gentlemen"

Back