• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Will we be in 4th by the end of December?

Nah, surely not.

I love that we can wonder about it though. Not long back I was panicking a bit, tbh, and then we started our good run. Now we're back to sitting behind the small chunk who are slightly out of reach with everyone else behind us. It's hard being a football fan! :)

That's why fifth is a possibility. Trouble is, closing the gap on the teams above is going to take more time than merely the month of December as they are playing well and would expect good harvests of points too.

If we're 7th or above at the end of the calendar year, I'll be happy. We've qualified for the next stage of the EL too, so happy with that.
If we continue to play in december how we have so far and did in november, I'll be ecstatic.

Absolutely, but I expect Chelsea to drop points. Then it's up to us to keep winning

4th is vaguely possible, but will need Chelsea to drop points.

If we achieve last years position whilst dealing with the Europa Cup then I will be more than happy - we will have made another step up.

Fifth would be an exceptional season from here on. With the size of our squad we are seriously over performing given our best defender is out and our second best scorer couldn't score in a brothel at the moment. I am loving the optimism but the reality is we are three first team players off top 6 in truth. But have fun and enjoy. Its a lovely feeling and we are a fucking good team. But 5 or 6 are better.

Fifth would be an exceptional season from here on. With the size of our squad we are seriously over performing given our best defender is out and our second best scorer couldn't score in a brothel at the moment. I am loving the optimism but the reality is we are three first team players off top 6 in truth. But have fun and enjoy. Its a lovely feeling and we are a fucking good team. But 5 or 6 are better.

Agreed.

Hopefully the extra recruits in January will fill the void.

We're highly unlikely to go on a crazy run of 4 or 5 wins in a row. We have some very good teams to play and very little time between games.

I'd snatch your hand off for two points from Man City/Liverpool right now, purely because I think the main starting XI is gonna be knackered by the time those two come around.

Though kudos Andre, still more plausible than a Cyber thread.

Only none of that is true as the league table is proving. We've beaten City already and whilst I don't think we can catch the top 4 there really is only City and Liverpool that I fear playing over the rest of the year.

We're a seriously good side and 5th on merit.

This feels a bit premature, let's see where we are at the end of Jan and what business we did in Jan.

Finishing 7th and getting into Europe again would be a huge success in my view

This feels a bit premature, let's see where we are at the end of Jan and what business we did in Jan.

Finishing 7th and getting into Europe again would be a huge success in my view

I am so with you. In this league its so tight from 5th to 11th a bad fortnight drops you 6 places potentially . we have only won 5 of our 15 games. Whilst we are there on merit as we are resilient and tough to beat we have still plenty of room to improve. Top five teams win more than 12 or 13 games a season which is what we are heading for on current form. Even Arsenal will win more than that! That's where 3 points for a win helps. Take three points off bogey Brighton and end that blue stripe phobia with them and Huddersfield is the first objective!

Another 17 points and I will be happy. First things first.

Back