• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Will we be in 4th by the end of December?

So its time we had a bet. You think we get fifth?

I will even give you odds. 5 to one. £10 bet. We don't finish fifth or higher. We do you get 50. We don't I get 10.

As you know full well it was a nonsense bet for a curry. I am a recovering gambling addict so will not join in. Sorry.

Sorry to hear that Paddy.

Anyway, I don't think we'll finish 4th. Or 5th. Maybe 6th, would hope for a minimum of 7th, a good FA Cup run and being knocked out of the Europa by a big boy (no jokes about big boys please).

Before the season I was 'praying' for another 7th

Going deep into the Europa is more important for me - we have not been there for so long.

If we can also get a repeat European journey next year that will be a massive bonus and give the impetus for further growth.

Completely agree Parkin but if we do go out I want it to be to a fantastic side. A repeat next season is really important to me as well

just want to point out there is currently 2 points between 5th and 10th.... and 5 points between 4th and 5th

My prediction at the start of the season was

Man City
Liverpool
Spurs
Leicester
Chelsea
Wolves

The Chelsea wheels are wobbling but can we capitalise?

IF we win tomorrow then possibly but that two matches between Christmas and New Year is brutal.

IF we win tomorrow then possibly but that two matches between Christmas and New Year is brutal.

Also have the home game v Liverpool before the end of Jan - the run in from there is not as daunting so if we are still in touch at that point anything is possible

Nuno has already pretty much written off the Anfield game describing the gap between the two games as impossible. There's a 95% chance we would have lost whenever it was scheduled, but it would have been nice if the PL had at least given us a chance.

Isn’t our gap only a couple of hours different to most? Although that is sort of irrelevant given the team we are playing have got like 50% longer recovery time

Isn’t our gap only a couple of hours different to most? Although that is sort of irrelevant given the team we are playing have got like 50% longer recovery time
Yes about 4, but like you say lopsided versus Liverpool

Back