• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What are you currently listening to....

A while ago I extended 2 John Lee Hooker tracks, 'Boogie on Russian Hill' and 'Boogie Woman' then joined em together.
They're what I'm listening to out walking the dog along the beach, a 14 minute 38 second track of rocking music....

Is Madness still around?

I sort of lost interest around Keep Moving...loved their early work.

Is Madness still around?

I sort of lost interest around Keep Moving...loved their early work.

Yep.

Made a comeback quite a few years ago, basically just to do tours. Released 3 albums in that time though, Oui Oui is the latest one. The Liberty of Norton Folgate was the one before that and that is a cracker as well.

Currently listening to TMS. Love it.

Apart from that incomprehensible bint they had on a few minutes ago....

Just been listening to the only truly great Foo Fighters album. Once again proving that Gil Norton is some sort of producer God-like genius.

Duettino Sull Aria, Marriage of Figaro. It's an iPod and thread stopper. What's interesting about this piece and the equally sublime 'Porgi Amour' is the deliciously melodic harmonies juxtaposed with a very negative theme, infidelity. It occurred to me that this sinister musical juxtaposition is adopted by latter day Mozarts Morrisey and Paul Heaton to equally show stopping effect.

Natta mean??

"latter day Mozarts Morrisey and Paul Heaton "

I've logged on, just to say ................WTF ??????????????????????????????

Fair point Paul. Far more people listen to Morrisey and Heaton's work than Mozart's I would guess.

Ill grant you all three are from history !

Morrissey never writes any music. Just lyrics. Mozart wrote just music. Not lyrics.

Apart from that, great comparison.

I suppose besides his 27 arias, 15 masses and 21 Operas I could see him struggling with "I would go out tonight but I haven't got a stitch to wear this man said "It's gruesome that someone so handsome should care" :facepalm:

I suppose besides his 27 arias, 15 masses and 21 Operas I could see him struggling with "I would go out tonight but I haven't got a stitch to wear this man said "It's gruesome that someone so handsome should care" :facepalm:

Yes, I agree 100% but despite a 240 year head start I'm afraid Wolfgang is woefully short in the popularity stakes. And after all music is necessarily subjectively judged which leaves him chasing the pack.
I referenced two pieces of music earlier which blow anything else on this thread out of the water. But that is only my opinion. The consensus would be that 'it's fookin classical crap'. And I'm afraid that in the context of how music comes to be judged, they're right.

We are going to have to get a breathalyzer fitted to this forum :)

We are going to have to get a breathalyzer fitted to this forum :)

Because?

My point is that I would prefer to listen to Mozart's work than anything I have seen on this thread. And Morrissey and Heaton have been successful on a similar MO to Mozart ( sinister lyrics on a background of infectious melody). Then, if ( as I think it is) music is judged on its popularity; Mozart is sadly lacking in 2013.

So what's your point about a breathalyser???

Back