• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Watford v Wolves (A) - 01/01/20 Buildup and Matchday thread...

I think it's time to bin one of the xmas games. Either the one before or the one midway depending on how the days fall. Teams get a home game on either BD or NYD. This year would be the one in between, if Boxing Day was a Monday for instance get rid of the one on the previous Saturday, but a round in on the Thursday/Friday and play again on NYD. Teams putting out weakened teams or flagging players devalues the competition

I agree with this. Nobody but the TV companies want this set of fixtures.

In hindsight on today's game, this one's on Nuno. If we're going to go with resting Neves we should've gone with Saiss in midfield and Kilman at the back.

Sadly Bennett isn't at the level we want, he's done a superb job and we've just gone way above his ability ceiling.

Our first XI when on the pitch is fantastic to watch and opposition visibly shrink when we get on it

Can't be giving daft goals away consistently and Donk has proved the only place in this squad for him is as a CB.

Bloody hell you can tell with lost

Something that has started to get on my tits lately, we whinge a bit when Jota and Neto go down easily ( plus others of course) but Traore nearly always tries to stay on his feet when tripped/nudged etc, then when he's off balance gives it away or miscontrols it, but it never gets bought back for the original foul, surely that encourages diving and going down easily
Unfortunately diving or as it seems to be called these days 'feeling the contact' is rewarded. Picking two none Wolves players examples against Man City, Mahrez gets a pen by throwing himself to the ground, Mendy gets nothing by staying on his feet. I'm not saying Traore fouled him, but I'm pretty certain if he goes over he gets the foul

In hindsight on today's game, this one's on Nuno. If we're going to go with resting Neves we should've gone with Saiss in midfield and Kilman at the back.

Sadly Bennett isn't at the level we want, he's done a superb job and we've just gone way above his ability ceiling.

Our first XI when on the pitch is fantastic to watch and opposition visibly shrink when we get on it

Can't be giving daft goals away consistently and Donk has proved the only place in this squad for him is as a CB.

Good post that. We have struggled a little bit as we are one CM short (you could argue Nuno planned that to be MGW, but not possible with Boly out).

I still think we need that little bit of a difference in CM. Neves and Moutinho are great, but if we could bring on a much better version of N’diaye as a sub it would add a difference option.

Good post.

Big question I need answered - why on earth did Adama not have the sponsor on his shirt??

E+S Joe says it was just a kit error.

Unfortunately diving or as it seems to be called these days 'feeling the contact' is rewarded. Picking two none Wolves players examples against Man City, Mahrez gets a pen by throwing himself to the ground, Mendy gets nothing by staying on his feet. I'm not saying Traore fouled him, but I'm pretty certain if he goes over he gets the foul

To be fair, Jonny is diving a lot at the moment, and Neto goes down pretty easily too.

To be fair, Jonny is diving a lot at the moment, and Neto goes down pretty easily too.

Yes, so does Jota, he didn't have to go over today, I just wanted to give examples that didn't include Wolves players

That doesn't even make sense you mong !!

You do realise I'm replying for comedic effect :)

Go and hang your head in shame for a comment like that

Neto really needs to cut out all the silly (semi-)dives and overreactions. There is clearly a culture difference at play here especially with the Portuguese youngsters. You very rarely earn anything from it, apart from ill-will from the more old-school refs. Jota was doing it a lot at one point, sabotaging our own attacks with pointless dives, but seems to have gotten over the worst of ot. Neves used to roll around like his legs had snapped in two at least a couple of times per game as well. Frankly it's more than a little embarrassing (even if others do it too), and I suspect it does us more harm than good in the long run.

Yep Jonny is doing my head in atm, but my pont stands, not bringing the play back for a free kick after playing advantage for a few seconds encourages it

Neto really needs to cut out all the silly (semi-)dives and overreactions. There is clearly a culture difference at play here especially with the Portuguese youngsters. You very rarely earn anything from it, apart from ill-will from the more old-school refs. Jota was doing it a lot at one point, sabotaging our own attacks with pointless dives, but seems to have gotten over the worst of ot. Neves used to roll around like his legs had snapped in two at least a couple of times per game as well. Frankly it's more than a little embarrassing (even if others do it too), and I suspect it does us more harm than good in the long run.

It's Vinagre's fucking step overs that do my head in

Are you the type of person that thinks players should all wear black boots and Souness tackles are OK. In fact, what's wrong with modern players why can't they play with getting the shit kicked out of them by cloggers such as Dawson and Dunk.

Don't know they're born some of 'em.

Back