• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

V.A.R. - Good for Purpose??

Hmmmm

So giving the cunt being overruled the final say. I wonder how many overrules will mysteriously go back to the original decision?

Riley approaching it in a half-arsed fashion once again. Use the monitor for EVERYTHING or not at all. Or alternatively fire bomb Stockley Park.

I think that's how it should be done. The VAR should have 1 or 2 views and say "think you got that wrong, have a look"

Just like was done in the FA Cup the other week. At least the onfield ref can give the player a proper reason other than "They say uts a red, so that's it"

Sticking to the actual rules for VAR would be a start.

It's been reported by Bein Sports, that Stockley park have been told to use Var as it was designed for or lose the licence to use it.

Fingers crossed Mike Riley continues with his arrogance stance of thinking he can create his own rules...

Fingers crossed Mike Riley continues with his arrogance stance of thinking he can create his own rules...

It would not surprise me for Riley to leave the PGMOL end of the season, the implementation of VAR in England has been shocking.

Compared to the rest of the world

Last edited:
Riley was making up his own rules last season and annoyed the IFAB and he has utterly fucked them off this season. PGMOL seem to back him though and happy with the attitude "we are English, we invented the game so our rules only"

I think what utterly disappoints me more than anything is the minutae of the decisions that are being overturned. Clear and obvious.

I had high hopes but frankly its been a shambolic interpretation by Riley and his minions. There must be 20 goals that not a fan in the country would have complained about had they stood and several of those were ours. Shrewsbury were denied yesterday. That probably gets given in another year without VAR or at a non VAR ground! Thats the nonsense of using it in the cup. Its not a level playing field.

Talk about making something complicated to embellish your sense of self importance. But thats Riley all over. Once a C**t always a c**t

It's been reported by Bein Sports, that Stockley park have been told to use Var as it was designed for or lose the licence to use it.
Stockley Park is just a business park in Uxbridge across the M4 from Heathrow on which one of the buildings houses the FA's VAR centre.

That ‘report’ came from Richard Keys shit blog the other day.

It's been doing the rounds since December. Obviously only made it to Qatar this week

It was said on Bein by someone else Keys may have told them as he works for them.

I dont mind Keys or Gray on bein

On Sky it says Infantino has said VAR isntheir tonsupport the referees not to make decisions for them.

On Sky it says Infantino has said VAR isntheir tonsupport the referees not to make decisions for them.
Did his mum not tell him it's rude to speak with your mouth full of food?...

Watched the superbowl Sunday. There was a VAR call on one touchdown. They looked, and at the point the lines usually start appearing on tv screens for the next 120 seconds, decided it was too tight to say an obvious error had been made and the on field decision stood. That's how to use var

Yep. You're just changing where the line is, what if he's 10.1cm offside?

The Danish system seems the best to me. No lines drawn over the pitch, 25 seconds to make a call. Can't make a decision either way, stays with whatever happened originally.

Back