• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tottenham (H) 11/11: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful start from all our defenders, been the better team slightly since but same old, same old going forward, good approach play but final ball terrible. We can still get something from this game.

After just seeing the goal back, Toti gets back into position ok but Dawson really didn't do anything to cut that ball out. Just stood doing nothing and didn't react positionally to the ball to Porro that opened up space for him to cross. Poor from both of them.
Agreed, we were just so passive on the goal, no awareness, no sharpness, ironically the only player who was awake was Semedo, he was just too slow.

Apart from his shite corners!
All 3 have failed to get past the 1st defender.
Apart from that...
Yeah, but that was the same with moutinho and is the same with many other corner takers etc(wish we had Trippier) ..want to see Kalajdzic, Doc and Doyle 2nd half

We've actually played well and been the better side. The Spurs defence looks leaky as fuck but we've got to take our chances. 1 nil Spurs then.

Bellegarde has been poor so far imo, terrible dead ball delivery (apart from one) and not really in the game otherwise.

The fans need to pick the atmosphere up too, that would help.

All well and good for me to say that watching on TV in the warm though!

Kilman has done ok today.
Despite having his left knee strapped, he's played some lovely long ACCURATE passes diagonally across the pitch, unremarked by the comms team.
Also it seems that Semedo is the best outlet down the right wing, he's constantly getting the better and finding space down there...

After just seeing the goal back, Toti gets back into position ok but Dawson really didn't do anything to cut that ball out. Just stood doing nothing and didn't react positionally to the ball to Porro that opened up space for him to cross. Poor from both of them.
Semedo is also part of the problem, not on his toes

Bellegarde has been poor so far imo, terrible dead ball delivery (apart from one) and not really in the game otherwise.
I think he's been too reluctant to really go at defenders and instead has just jinked around and then passed it back to someone else.

He needs to be encouraged to just run at players to get into the box.

Huffed and puffed but no end product. And some dreadful passes from Semedo at the critical time. I will say Spurs have had the run of the ball in some moments. And, dare I say it, thought the ref did well.

Yeah, but that was the same with moutinho and is the same with many other corner takers etc(wish we had Trippier) ..want to see Kalajdzic, Doc and Doyle 2nd half
So far in the last two days we've discussed the awful situation that we don't have a decent, reliable penalty taker, and we can't take fucking corners!
Now, THAT'S not good!

Kilman has done ok today.
Despite having his left knee strapped, he's played some lovely long ACCURATE passes diagonally across the pitch, unremarked by the comms team.
Also it seems that Semedo is the best outlet down the right wing, he's constantly getting the better and finding space down there...
He can never score a goal or pick out a pass to a teammate in the box(Semedo)

So far in the last two days we've discussed the awful situation that we don't have a decent, reliable penalty taker, and we can't take fucking corners!
Now, THAT'S not good!
Well, we havent got a penalty all season I think, so...no discussion

Semedo is also part of the problem, not on his toes
Well he was, because he was very close to stopping the tap in. The issue is defenders are always reactive when defending one on one, so a sudden burst/run and you're always half a yard away.

I find it odd that Semedo is being regarded as the most culpable for their goal, what Semedo had to do to prevent that goal was more difficult than Toti, Dawson and Kilman.
You have something of a point as the others might have cut down the cross ball, however, where your point fails, IMO, is that Semedo was marking the only attacker running into the 6 yard box and failed to stop him. No matter how you try and defend him, that was his man and his man scored the goal.

Would like Kalajdzic, Doc and Doyle for Cunha, Semedo and Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back