• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Torino Build Up Thread

Hell of a game. Belotti not at his best but showed his talent there. Great hit on his long shot Rui pushed around the post, thought that was in. Very much brought that on ourselves though their goals. Some impressive play from us and Neto and Cutrone show our progress, both looked good again when brought on.

Perhaps not an ideal final 20 with Burnley on Sunday

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

We are vulnerable at the back post. Could have cost us V Utd as well.

Pheeewwww that was close at the end.

Think the result was just about fair, Torino got lucky with the pen but we were outstanding for the most part.

90.mins away from the groups..... incredible

Big advantage to us now but there was enough from Torino to suggest it's not over yet. First goal next week is massive.

they have to go for it at Molineux, and we know we have the players to hit the back of their net, bloody great night wolves, thank you all.

Sensational result - 3 away goals and a lead going into the 2nd leg against a good Torino side is a brilliant return.

So very proud of the team who continue to improve. We have a superb side, it's a pleasure to watch us play.

From this show, however, I don't see them scoring twice without at least conceding one. We're clearly superior and the fact of playing at home should give us another edge

That’s a fantastic result- we’re in the box seat against a bloody good side, and we’re at Molineux next too. Cracking display.

Coming back with a 1 goal advantage plus 3 away goals.

I'd have totally taken that at kick off

Job done in their back yard. Tremendous game that, totally enjoyable and exciting. Just got to avoid anything silly next week now...

We’re technically 2-0 up going into next week, not over yet but they’ve got to come at us which will suit us.
Brilliant game of football to watch, still think thay’ve got some quality to hurt us next Thursday.
Really cool head from Traore on the second beats his man then just waits to pick out Jota.

Anyone else's Prem Sports coverage got weird for a few seconds? Saw that chance for Dendonker half a dozen times!

I missed the Dendonker chance as my Prem Sports coverage for a couple of minutes went randomly to a re-run of SA v Japan in the 2015 Rugby WC.

But aside from that fantastic result, well in our control, wont get too hung up about Torino scoring late on (although it has given them a lifeline), one goal should be enough to put them away next week.

What.a.night

Will never forget this

I will have a little moan....I presume Torino are not used to away fans in numbers. Got a shuttle bus that dropped us off at 8.20. 3 gates to check hundreds of wolves fans I.D against their ticket. As the minutes ticked by the fans were getting annoyed and a full on crush was close to happening. Now I am 6ft+ and a lot of pounds so i can handle myself but i had to push back as kids in front of me were getting crushed. Genuinely scary stuff

Same thing happens to us home fans, in every game. Few gates, a lot of people.

That was to go down as one of the best away days of my life.

Plenty of Wolves fans well oiled, no hint of bother or hostility at all around the city or at the ground.

A bus ride to the ground that I think took in most of Northern Italy. We were luckily on one of the first buses so got in relatively quick.

Decent away end which I don’t know if it was stand were you want. Never found out, we just found a good spot and stayed their. The only stewards were from Wolves so they weren’t fussed.

Loving the new songs, but took a while to work the Jota one out.

Plenty of Wolves fans having a beer at the chiosk and chatting with Torino fans, not a single incident.

Torino were only beaten twice away all season but they also drew 13 games so I think the fact they have to win by two should make for an exciting game. I am going for a 2-2 draw.

Back