• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

You’ve had a small fortune to spend and marginally out performed Bruno Lage. Shut the fuck up.

I’m not actually that arsed if you leave, just arsed about the mess we’d make of a replacement

No wonder he was bigging up survival being his greatest achievement. It was the latest entry on his CV. If he’s here next season all well and good but he can feck off now if his heart isn’t in it.

Well if he’s going to fuck off after next season anyway then it may as well be now. We’d just be kicking the can down the road and potentially more in the shit as it would be more of his players .

Geezer really needs some PR advice. It'll take some going to talk yourself into being less popular than Dean Saunders but it seems like he's giving it a proper good go

No idea when that interview was actually given. No idea if those words are out of context. But if it was in the last week or two and that’sa direct quotation then hee come across as a proper cock and I’d sooner we get rid as this ain’t going to last.

I completely understand that he's not a Wolves fan and isn't here for the love of the club.

However, you'd think he'd show us an ounce more loyalty after we've spent several years chasing him for his signature, and after he turned back on his word to us when he left for the Spain job. And also publicly complaining about money when we gave him £100m+ worth of new signings in his first 6 months.

His media comments are just disrespectful, and he should just stay quiet because it's not doing his reputation or his relationship with the club and fans any good right now. I'd say he's permanently tainted in a lot of fans eyes already. Even if he stayed another season or even two, then got offered a top job, he'll always be seen as a mercenary who used us a stepping stone.

I just want to know what the strategy is.

Cos Beale to Lop was quite a deviation. Would Jeff go back to an up-and-coming manager less likely to start pulling Mourinho tricks?

The club and city aren’t especially glamorous. I get we may be a stepping stone and I’m fine with that. The CEO is a bit of a dick and our relationship with Mendes is crooked at best.

But have a little respect for the fanbase eh? I dunno, that’s kind of Rule No. 1 for me

The FFP stuff last week and now the Serie A "sooner than you think..." comment.

Is his position rapidly becoming untenable?

I completely understand that he's not a Wolves fan and isn't here for the love of the club.

However, you'd think he'd show us an ounce more loyalty after we've spent several years chasing him for his signature, and after he turned back on his word to us when he left for the Spain job. And also publicly complaining about money when we gave him £100m+ worth of new signings in his first 6 months.

His media comments are just disrespectful, and he should just stay quiet because it's not doing his reputation or his relationship with the club and fans any good right now. I'd say he's permanently tainted in a lot of fans eyes already. Even if he stayed another season or even two, then got offered a top job, he'll always be seen as a mercenary who used us a stepping stone.
You're not wrong, but equally this is the case for 99% of managers.

I have to think that Julen feels he has to be this public about things to get Jeff to see things his way (assuming that it isn't all some ridiculous charade); problem is that everyone can read this shit, not just the Shi-Man.

As they say, winning cures all. If Lop's here in September and we open the season on a tear I won't give these shenanigans a second thought.

In the meantime, though, Julen, please shut your gaping piehole.

I think we are all on edge with Lopetegui (although more to do with the replacing him saga that would follow)

The sooner than you think stuff I would file under lost in translation.
The timing. Its clear Wolves had a media day last week where Lop's spoke to numerous outlets as per his obligations but the club asked for all reports to be delayed until the season finished, hence we get stories coming out today, some with old news.

That said, rumours Mourinho is leaving Roma soon. So.....

Last edited:
I think we are all on edge with Lopetegui (although more to do with the replacing him saga that would follow)

The sooner than you think stuff I would file under lost in translation.
The timing. Its clear Wolves had a media day last week where Lop's spoke to numerous outlets as per his obligations but the club asked for all reports to be delayed until the season finished, hence we get stories coming out today, some with old news.

That said, rumours Mourinho is leaving Roma soon. So.....

You could be right, to me it just looks like he's pulling a bit of a Conte

I don't think Roma's owners are smart enough to offer him the job tbqh.

Conte threw his employers, players and grandma under all the buses Mourinho once parked in Tottenham. His contract was up in a few months and he wanted an early break especially after his operation and spending time back home.

I'm not a fan of what Lopetegui has done but aware his comments are from 1 or 2 moments are spread across nearly 2 weeks and numerous outlets take on the comments. The lost in translation stuff as well as even Liam had to edit a story after the Arsenal game as he admitted he had not understood Lopetegui's comments.

If nothing else, there’d be a half decent manager on uncle Jorges list looking for work if lop went to Roma

Roma are probably more skint than ourselves. I hear the city has its charms though

Back