• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't panic as we clearly had him lined up. It didn't fit into what the manager really wanted but there was no panic in signing him. Kevvy T wanted him and got him

And came very close to signing Kike too. Thank fuck we didn't. One slowpoke wallflower at £3m was quite enough, we didn't need two.

And came very close to signing Kike too. Thank fuck we didn't. One slowpoke wallflower at £3m was quite enough, we didn't need two.

Unless the plan was a target man and someone to play off him. We got the player to play off but we couldn't get the target player. Something we failed to do over 3 windows? KJ was destined never to get the power he wanted....I mean he got given Holt at one stage.

The "not scoring enough goals" thing isn't down to the lack of a signing. We ended the Forest game with Bonatini, Cavaleiro, Costa, Mir & Jota on the pitch. The "not scoring enough goals" thing is down to finding a way of playing against sides who don't allow us to play through the middle. Something, I suspect Nuno & co are working on right as we speak. There is more than enough talent there to be able to cruise over the line, so if we don't sign another striker this window, I'm fine with that.

However, I feel we're asking for trouble not bringing in cover/competition at RWB. One long term injury to Doherty and we're left either playing someone out of position or a kid for the remainder of the season. It would be daft to get ourselves in to this position only to leave ourselves exposed like that. I guess the ideal scenario here, is to tie up the signing of Jota and then use that loan slot to bring someone in as cover/competition to Doherty for the remainder of the season (if that's how it works).

I wonder if we will recall Iorfa back from Ipswich if we can't get anyone in and/or German Phil is pronounced dead by the medical team

I wonder if we will recall Iorfa back from Ipswich if we can't get anyone in and/or German Phil is pronounced dead by the medical team

That's always an option, tbf.

"Not scoring enough goals" - We are the top scorers in the league FFS.

Against Forest we created very little and put in a poor performance, but I'm happy to put it down as a blip. Against Barnsley we could quite easily have won that game.

Our recent run of league form is

0-2 v Forest
0-0 v Barnsley
3-0 v Brentford
2-1 v Bristol City
2-2 v Millwall
1-0 v Ipswich
1-0 v Sheffield Wednesday

As I say, a blip the last couple of games without scoring, but I have no doubt this side will sort that out very soon.

Would be very happy to recall Iorfa and see what Nuno and the coaching team could do with him

Is there a time limit within which we can?
Not sure he has the RWB attributes personally. Also think that being away from wolves might be doing him good.

I'm sure Nuno could get the best out of him - just take Coady as an example.

Does need some competition though - sounded as if he wasn't at it v Nottm Forest

It's not beneficial if he doesn't feel that his position is under any threat however he plays

Does need some competition though - sounded as if he wasn't at it v Nottm Forest

It's not beneficial if he doesn't feel that his position is under any threat however he plays

Oh i wouldnt say he "wasnt at it", he had loads of the ball but then again...Forest let him have the ball cos he wasnt doing anything with it.

He potentially had lots of the ball. Actually he let most of that ball past him out of play.

Due to the fact that Neves and Saiss play on the ‘wrong’ side in the centre of the pitch, Doherty sees more of the ball than Douglas as Neves loves the driven pass out wide. Douglas’ delivery is clearly far superior to Doc who more often than not will deliver a poor ball and/or hit the first man.

I don’t think Vinagre would be the worst option out there if Doc was unable to play for any reason. That clearly leaves us light at LWB though.

Due to the fact that Neves and Saiss play on the ‘wrong’ side in the centre of the pitch, Doherty sees more of the ball than Douglas as Neves loves the driven pass out wide. Douglas’ delivery is clearly far superior to Doc who more often than not will deliver a poor ball and/or hit the first man.

I don’t think Vinagre would be the worst option out there if Doc was unable to play for any reason. That clearly leaves us light at LWB though.
Don't think an wingback would be very successful playing on their wrong side in this system, not unless they were capable on their weaker foot. They're the only players who provide width so you really want them to be comfortable going round the outside of their man or whipping things in from the touchline but that wouldn't be possible. They'd end up either coming inside a lot and you'd lose the width on that side or they'd constantly have to check back to get the ball on their weaker side, which either completely wastes the crossing opportunity or makes it easier for the defence to set themselves beforehand.

Just listening to the radio again (I know I know I know, I should put something else on when exercising) and the Wolves fans ringing up.
"we need an attacking midfielder"
"we need a target man upfront"
arghhhhhh

WE PLAY 3-4-3. HOW HARD IS IT TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS NO ATTACKING MIDFIELDER ROLE IN THAT FORMATION?????

Arrrggggghhhh

*commits hari-kari

I'm trying to explain on Twitter that there is no way that Benik Bergkamp would work in this formation, to little avail.

We need someone to take Doherty's place, not as cover. Bar that, we are fucking sweet for this season. Bring in another midfielder and you deny MGW opportunities (which then someone on the internet will moan about). Maybe a forward possibly would be a bonus, but why spaff millions on someone for this year, when we can spaff a lot more millions in July on someone fit for purpose for where we are going to be?

Incidentally, I’d be the guy on the internet moaning about a lack of opportunities for MGW...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back