• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

The first Uncharted is shite. Constant respawning enemies.

Disagree - it's still a cracking game. Certainly the worst of the series but it's still really good fun. I've loved them all.

Totally different kettle of fish, totally different type of game. It's not like FIFA isn't packed with features - it's a pretty hefty game - just not different enough from the previous version.

Sorry Langers - crossed wires. I agree it's a totally different type of game. If was the £50 a year for a small upgrade and a couple of changes to gameplay that I thought was a bit much.

Sorry Langers - crossed wires. I agree it's a totally different type of game. If was the £50 a year for a small upgrade and a couple of changes to gameplay that I thought was a bit much.

Oh you're 100% right mate. But people are gullible and will pay it. I'm one of them!

Totally incomparable to the value for money offered by the likes of Skyrim, Fallout, Witcher etc. Skyrim was only out a few weeks when Gamestation put it on sale at half price. That was just over £20 for a new game with several hundred hours of gameplay! That's ridiculously good value.

Think I might look to get myself a PS4 or Xbox One soon, would think there should be some decent offers knocking around in the build up to Christmas, just wondering if either stands out as being particularly better than the other? Or is it just the usual tit for tat stuff between the two and you're best of just deciding between which exclusive titles you prefer.

Don't really do all that much console gaming anymore to be honest but really like the look of some pending releases, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Hitman and Just Cause 3, which are seemingly only coming out on the new gen consoles so seems like it's worth taking the plunge if I can find a decent deal.

Just noticed that I can get all 3 uncharted games remastered to £40 I have never played it - but beard its quite good?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Where did you see this, mate? I haven't played any of them either but would be tempted at that price. Downloaded the demo off PS store the other night but haven't got around to playing it.

Think I might look to get myself a PS4 or Xbox One soon, would think there should be some decent offers knocking around in the build up to Christmas, just wondering if either stands out as being particularly better than the other? Or is it just the usual tit for tat stuff between the two and you're best of just deciding between which exclusive titles you prefer.

Don't really do all that much console gaming anymore to be honest but really like the look of some pending releases, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Hitman and Just Cause 3, which are seemingly only coming out on the new gen consoles so seems like it's worth taking the plunge if I can find a decent deal.

I don't think either system has a massive advantage over the other TBH. I used to cite Xbox Live as the reason to favour the Xbox, but PSN is much better these days. Exclusive titles are pretty much down to the individual taste - there are great exclusives on each system.

The only reason I went for the XB1 was because most of my friends who have consoles have XB1.

I think there'll be some very good deals on the build up to Christmas.

I don't think either system has a massive advantage over the other TBH. I used to cite Xbox Live as the reason to favour the Xbox, but PSN is much better these days. Exclusive titles are pretty much down to the individual taste - there are great exclusives on each system.

The only reason I went for the XB1 was because most of my friends who have consoles have XB1.

I think there'll be some very good deals on the build up to Christmas.

I've struggled to find anything really solid to separate them too.

At the moment with PS3/360 I tend to prefer the Playstation down to some menial things, prefer the controller and it's also a hell of a lot quieter, though that's only really an issue when watching films rather than playing games. In saying that the only game I really play online anymore is World of Tanks, Xbox exclusive, so you'd think that leans in the XboxOne's favour but then I've still got it on Xbox360 if I decided to go for the PS4 instead, so it really makes no difference either way on that front. In terms of upcoming exclusives I don't really know where I stand, prefer Gran Turismo to Forza but don't really care so much for racing games anymore, had a lot more time for Uncharted than Halo but again never finished the last of Drake's adventures that I had either so not really worth using that for a deciding factor.

Might have to do some more digging to try and find a meaningful difference, is XboxOne BluRay compatible now? Otherwise I'm just going to be picking on price I think.

Yeah, the Xbox One plays blurays. And from November will be backwards compatible. And is totally silent when it runs.

Personally I've always preferred the Xbox controller but again - very much just personal choice. One thing the XB1 did let itself down with was bundling the Kinect with it, hence making it more expensive. But the Kinect has been a total flop and now it's pretty rare to find a new bundle that DOES have the Kinect!

I really couldn't split them TBH.

Looks like price might be my big decider then.

Can't really think of any exclusive titles outside of Uncharted, Halo and Forza/Gran Turismo to throw into the equation.

Looks like price might be my big decider then.

Can't really think of any exclusive titles outside of Uncharted, Halo and Forza/Gran Turismo to throw into the equation.

Tomb Raider, Crackdown 3, The Last of Us, No Mans Sky, Gears of War 4, Quantum Break, Last Guardian, Streetfighter V all exclusives to one or t'other.

Tomb Raider, Crackdown 3, The Last of Us, No Mans Sky, Gears of War 4, Quantum Break, Last Guardian, Streetfighter V all exclusives to one or t'other.

Never even heard of half of those!

Never cared for Tomb Raider, had Last of Us on PS3 and played it once for a very short time, haven't played GoW since the first one.

Looking increasingly like a price war!

Never cared for Tomb Raider, had Last of Us on PS3 and played it once for a very short time, haven't played GoW since the first one.

Some of them are brand new - and some aren't even out yet. I don't think there's been an exclusive for either machine that has been particularly groundbreaking yet though.

Pedant alert: Tomb raider is only a timed exclusive - it'll be out on both platforms eventually.

No man's sky would be enough to sway me if I hadn't already committed to the ps4 anyway!

Basically Mark - both consoles are great, you can't really make a wrong choice! One thing to think about is the size of the consoles though, the xbone is massive, it wouldn't actually fit in the space I have for my tv stand.

Bloodborne on PS4. Nuff said.

Bloodborne on ps4 was the main reason I swapped from Xbox. Also it is slightly better spec machine. At the time I upgraded I would have had to get the kinnect with Xbox and also don't didnt want to spend the extra money on it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So I played the Uncharted demo last night. It only took me about 15 minutes to complete. I'm not sure if its because its a remaster of a PS3 game, but I found it really basic? This might be a really stupid thing to say, but it felt like I was playing a game from a few years ago - the player didn't move smoothly and there were weird camera angles thrown in depending on where you were stood. It just felt a bit clunky. If you can get the 'Nathan Drake collection' for £40 though, I'm half tempted by it because the new game looks quality. Just not totally convinced after playing the demo. Much preferred the look and feel of TLOU which was also a remastered game for PS4.

Back