• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Just downloaded the Counter Strike collection - any good?

I probably have 10,000+ hours logged into CS, so yeah it's alright. :D Steeper learning curve than most fps's though, between the skill of players who've been playing for more than a decade and all the twitchy tricks and weapon behaviors.

Of course the only one you need is CS:GO... money might've been better spent on the Valve Collection.

Last edited:
Jesus tap dancing Christ, Dirt 3's controls are ridiculously sensitive.

Yep, I don't have the patience for it.

Grid 2 is on sale at 17.99 - Do I get it as my first 'new/expensive' game - Or do be happy with Dirt 3 and get Grid 1 instead for 2.49 so then both will have cost me well under 10.00 ??

It looks it - I am still pondering which to get.

Grid 2 is on sale at 17.99 - Do I get it as my first 'new/expensive' game - Or do be happy with Dirt 3 and get Grid 1 instead for 2.49 so then both will have cost me well under 10.00 ??

Grid 2. Great game.

I'm using a thing called software to play Sim City on my mac and that us pretty cool since the release has been put back a few times.

Just thought I'd mention that Crysis 1 and 2 are on sale on Origin for the cheapest they've ever been. £3.99 and £4.99. I picked up No.2.

I don't see the problem with Origin. Virtually all the games launch straight from the app or you can add them as a non Steam game by pointing Steam to the .exe file and it doesn't even load Origin then.

Just thought I'd mention that Crysis 1 and 2 are on sale on Origin for the cheapest they've ever been. £3.99 and £4.99. I picked up No.2.

I don't see the problem with Origin. Virtually all the games launch straight from the app or you can add them as a non Steam game by pointing Steam to the .exe file and it doesn't even load Origin then.

Never had a problem with it, either. I think people are just inherently against anything EA does anymore. Having EA chosen as the "Worst Company In America" was stupid in the extreme.

I've used simplycdkeys a fair few times, they're always decent.

Nice one lads.

I have decided...

Overall, Steam is bloody awesome.

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee® - 99p

Shit just got real !

Never had a problem with it, either. I think people are just inherently against anything EA does anymore. Having EA chosen as the "Worst Company In America" was stupid in the extreme.

I think the majority of people were annoyed by their sudden change of terms and conditions and the fact you had to accept them. Something to do with visibility to personal details or something. I don't have a problem myself. They might be slow on fixing bugs and fixing servers are non existent but they still manage to publish quality games year in and year out.

Talking of quality games, I picked up Far Cry 3 pre owned on Friday. I might be late to the party on this one, but I have to say, this game is bleeping awesome. It's like watching a film, kind of has a Paradise Lost feel to it.

Far Cry 3 is a great game. I'm just coming to the end of The Witcher 2 - also excellent.

Just need Bioshock Infinite to appear in the Steam Sale today and I'm a happy man.

End of sale sucks.

I thought it would be all the good deals re-entered, seems to be every deal minus a chunk of % though heh.

Back