• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Sim fishing world has grabbed me over the last few weeks. A little buggy at times but great realistic fun.

Been making some decent progress on my backlog recently. Beat Rondo of Blood (the Symphony of the Night predecessor), then Metro Exodus, and Cuphead last night.

Balls hard, they were. Don't know what to knock out next!

After a full year of searching, my crew FINALLY found the Box of Wondrous Secrets on Sea of Thieves last night.

D2EJJ9LXgAIhs9_

Rarer than a decent Steve Corica performance. A great moment!!

Started on the rewritten RE2 last night. Really fucking good. Old school suspense with modernised gameplay and graphics = win.

I quite like the controller. But it's all about how it feels at the end of the day.

It was tried with a console called OnLive a few years back and failed miserably. Presumably Google have better tech nowadays though.

I do game streaming on the Shield occasionally. Work well.

Too dependant on local connectivity. People won't mind waiting slightly longer for a game to download, but in game lag is a killer.

there's a tech being developed which offloads the actual rendering power needed for a game to a cloud service

be curious to see how that develops over the next few years.

edit -- lol I should've watched the stadia video first, apparently that's what they're doing

I'm think I'm finished with WoW again. I look forward to inevitably resubscribing in 18 months, live I've done for the past 2 decades. I'll prob still log in to do the upcoming holidays (prepaid sub) but man what a pointless game. no more of this dailies and alt leveling crap. even getting kinda burnt out on FIFA, feel like I play the game to get rewards so I can play the game more to get rewards to ...

think I'm gonna order myself some new toys for the rig. might convert everything to watercooling this summer. need to catch up on all the quality games I've been neglecting in steam, starting with Wolfenstein and DoomVR

I've been loving Battlefield V and the Firestorm battle royale mode recently.

Does the new BF fix the problems of the last one?

I loved the first two. Would love to play again if it's good.

Does the new BF fix the problems of the last one?

I loved the first two. Would love to play again if it's good.

What were the problems you encountered on the last one?

Battlefield 1 is my favourite FPS of the current genre. Amazing game. None of my friends I played BF1 with wanted BFV as they're back on CoD (why, I have no idea) so I didn't bother to get it but BFV looks awesome.

In other news, a preview for the huge new Sea of Thieves update has been released on IGN and it looks insanely good. People moaning about a lack of content might now want to take the plunge.

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/04...X0xo5jcMKiCNSFuJz5cdUNBj53RHd-Wkik5EXpbzSThDM

Black Ops 4 is supposed to be the best CoD since MW2, or so I hear.

Back