• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Just picked up Sleeping Dogs for PC for £4.99
Managed to get 20mins on it earlier. My kind of game so far. Could be fun.

Hoping that Cities: Skyline and The Stanley Parable are featured in the upcoming Steam sale.

The Stanley Parable was dull as hell.

Really? I've heard, well read, nothing but good things about it.

When's the release of Fallout 4?

Never really got into Fallout 3, think I managed about 12 minutes of play on it before I moved onto something else, but after a captivating time with Skyrim I think it's potentially time to give it another go, plus the trailer looks intriguing.

Never really got into Fallout 3, think I managed about 12 minutes of play on it before I moved onto something else, but after a captivating time with Skyrim I think it's potentially time to give it another go, plus the trailer looks intriguing.

That's pretty much where I stand with it too - got about an hour or so into Fallout 3 but never got any further and I don't know why! I was hooked on Skyrim.

And on a similar note, I'm loving Witcher 3 now I've levelled up a bit more. The characters even in the smallest side quests are just brilliant.

That's pretty much where I stand with it too - got about an hour or so into Fallout 3 but never got any further and I don't know why! I was hooked on Skyrim.

And on a similar note, I'm loving Witcher 3 now I've levelled up a bit more. The characters even in the smallest side quests are just brilliant.

I just don't think I really knew what was going on in Fallout 3, didn't you start off as a kid shooting giant beetles with a BB gun or something? Then you were thrust out into the world years later? Think I was just a bit lost, didn't really know what I was doing, kept getting attacked by some huge mutant hamster looking things then wandered into an old school where some cunts killed me so I turned it off to play something else and never went back to it.

Feel like I'm better versed with the big open world, loose storyline thinking after playing Skyrim though so hopefully should be able to get into it more, though I do still worry I'll be forced to play at a bit of an increased pace due to the difference in weapons.

It's not really a game... More like an interactive audiobook.

Well yeah, it's a completely different style of narrative, which is what interests me.

I just don't think I really knew what was going on in Fallout 3, didn't you start off as a kid shooting giant beetles with a BB gun or something? Then you were thrust out into the world years later? Think I was just a bit lost, didn't really know what I was doing, kept getting attacked by some huge mutant hamster looking things then wandered into an old school where some cunts killed me so I turned it off to play something else and never went back to it.

Feel like I'm better versed with the big open world, loose storyline thinking after playing Skyrim though so hopefully should be able to get into it more, though I do still worry I'll be forced to play at a bit of an increased pace due to the difference in weapons.

I think there's always a pivotal point on open world games where I'm too weak to beat most of the bad guys I come across without levelling up - dying lots isn't much fun, so I occasionally give up with it, especially if I've got other games waiting in the wings (which I inevitably always have).

I got past that pivotal point on Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, GTA V, and now Witcher 3. Love them all.

F1 on the xBox One was due out next week but now been delayed until July. Going to give this one a go I think.

I think there's always a pivotal point on open world games where I'm too weak to beat most of the bad guys I come across without levelling up - dying lots isn't much fun, so I occasionally give up with it, especially if I've got other games waiting in the wings (which I inevitably always have).

I got past that pivotal point on Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, GTA V, and now Witcher 3. Love them all.

I don't remember dying too much in Skyrim, after the first couple of main storyline quests I just spent a lot of time ambling around doing other stuff, generally sneaking around with a bow and picking things off from distance. From what I remember of my small time on Fallout 3 that wasn't much of an option though, I think every enemy I encountered spotted me before I spotted them so they went on the offensive and destroyed me, not sure I even had a weapon capable of carrying out my sneaky attacking from distance style either.

No release date yet, Bethesda will probably give one during E3. The start of Fallout 3 was difficult to get through, I didn't really get it but as I had nothing better to do at the time I just played on and ended up loving it!

Luck of the draw I guess, had I had something more pressing or another game that evening I'd have given up early (which is far better than the amount of one I wasted on Watchdogs before giving up on it!)

Just pre-ordered Elder Scrolls Online. Just ordered Project CARS and have loads left to do on Witcher 3.

That will keep me tied over till November

I really want to play The Talos Principle at the minute but know it'll be at least 33% cheaper when the sale starts.

Is it definitely the 11th?

I generally play on the PC but am looking towards getting a new laptop! I dunno if this is strictly the right sub forum for this but...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-G50-15-6-inch-Laptop-Black/dp/B00LLE6QS4

I know 2.7 GHz and 3.0 GHz are both excellent but with the graphics card of the two I am looking at which is better in terms of gaming the ATI Jet LE R5 M230 or the
Intel Integrated one...I would use it for other things such as university things but I would also like to play games both single and online multiplayer (for sake of argument lets say I want to play Fallout 4) and I am wonder if either one of the first two on that list (the i5 and i7 processor) one is up to the task for that

Always go for standalone GFX card rather than integrated.

Always go for standalone GFX card rather than integrated.

Ah alright, thanks! I would assume the first one is that! Just trying to get as many opinions as I can on this, cant spend over £500 at any rate!

Back