• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Randomly popped in to Game on my lunch break. Hadn't planned on getting anything new but I'd read a little bit about Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and quite liked the sound of it. As it's the prequel to Wolfenstein: The New Order which was on sale in their pre-owned section I managed to pick both up for £30. Going to have a blast later on - has anyone else played any of this series before?

All of my mates (who I've spent the last 18 months playing GTA and FIFA online with) are all wanking themselves off over Witcher and Destiny at the moment - two games which aren't my cup of tea at all, so I wanted to try something new.

I've not played Wolfenstein for years and years - certainly not the most recent ones. But it sounds like my kind of game - let me know what you think of it.

I'm finally on the new gen with an Xbox One. At the moment, I have FIFA, Battlefield 4 and Project Cars, with a steering wheel coming next week. Also had a dabble with the trial of Destiny, which i'm enjoying and may be a purchase when i'm not skint!

You can get Destiny for quite cheap now - if you do get it, let me know - I've got it but not really played all that much of it. It's pretty awesome fun though. I'd thoroughly recommend Halo: Master Chief Collection BTW - outstanding value.

I'm going to be playing the Witcher and Elder Scrolls for the rest of this year I think.

I will buy a new PS4 when any of the following games are released:-

Fallout 4
Red Dead Redemption 2
The Elder Scrolls VI
The Witcher GOTY Edition with all DLC.

I will then officially have no time to do anything else with my life ever.

I've not played Wolfenstein for years and years - certainly not the most recent ones. But it sounds like my kind of game - let me know what you think of it.
Really enjoying it, mate. Essentially you play the role of a US solider who gets injured escaping from a German castle (a piece of flying metal inserts itself in to his head next to his brain and can't be operated on). He wakes up in a hospital and is looked after in there for 14 years before Nazi's come in to close it down, killing the family that looked after him for all of that time in the process (bar his love interest) - you shoot the shit out of everything moving and escape with the girl; fleeing to her grandparents house where they explain to you that Germany won world war 2 - dropping an atomic bomb on USA to make them surrender - and the whole world is being ran by the Nazi's. Your character takes it upon himself to bring the whole regime down.

I've played it for about 3-4 hours and am still in the early stages of the story. Graphically it's very, very impressive (considering it's a year old). It's like a cross between Doom and Call of Duty. The story is essentially based on the Germans having modern day weaponry in 1960 and that's how they won. So on your travels you will need to defeat armored dogs, hovering guns and soldiers with robotic armor.

Considering I picked it up for £14.99, I'd say it's worth the cash.

Good stuff Jinks - sounds like my type of game actually - too busy with Witcher 3 to justify buying a new game at the mo, and I've still hardly touched Destiny, Assassins Creed Unity, Halo MCC, Sunset Overdrive and have the DLC for Shadow of Mordor to start as well!!

Lego Jurassic World is out this month too (for Mini Langers, obvs...) - I don't have enough time for all these games!!

GOG's summer sale starts today! Hold on to your butts (assuming you keep your wallet in your back pocket like a sane person).

Not buying anything in sales this year, I have far too much unplayed or barely played stuff. I haven't even installed XCOM let alone played it.

Not buying anything in sales this year, I have far too much unplayed or barely played stuff. I haven't even installed XCOM let alone played it.

Indeed. I have 5 x PS4 games that I have hardly touched at all. Far Cry being the one I spent the most cash on but Fifa, GTA and now, Wolfenstein have taken up the majority of my gaming time. I need to sell/trade in most (if not all) of my other games as I just can't see myself getting the time to play them.

GOG's summer sale starts today! Hold on to your butts (assuming you keep your wallet in your back pocket like a sane person).

Much easier to fall out/be pick pocketed from the back pocket.

Always in the front right pocket.

Plus, I was breaking my debit cards well before their expiry from sitting on them all day.

Confirmed now.

I never got into Fallout 3 - which is bizarre considering how I got my full geek on for Skyrim! I don't quite know why I didn't either - I'd have loved it if I'd have carried on with it.

You would of done. I've been playing it recently and it's still brilliant.

If you ever find the time it will a dirt cheap 150 hours gaming for you!

Some of my jeans have a button on the back pocket, think I even have a pair with a zip on the pocket somewhere. Wallet always goes in back right pocket when I'm out and about, phone in the right pocket and keys/loose change in the left. If i'm at work then I only carry my phone and ID card in trouser pockets and everything else just stays in my coat or desk.

You would of done. I've been playing it recently and it's still brilliant.

If you ever find the time it will a dirt cheap 150 hours gaming for you!

I loved Fallout 3, though Fallout: New Vegas didn't quite grab me.

Skyrim is an amazing game, but I'm hoping Fallout 4 will better it, the trailer looks top notch!

I loved Fallout 3, though Fallout: New Vegas didn't quite grab me.

Skyrim is an amazing game, but I'm hoping Fallout 4 will better it, the trailer looks top notch!

I don't get too excited about games anymore....but Fallout 4..........

Just cannot wait.

Bethesda games are the only games I buy on the day of release.

Back