• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Well - I've just finished Dishonered.

It's a game that has really confused me - I should like it, but I really don't...and I'm not sure why.
Great atmosphere, nice graphics, lots of options on how to play the game, replayability, good story - everything is good.

But about halfway through I started to get bored. Not sure why but playing suddenly became an effort.
I finished it but it was a bit of a chore.
Anyway - onto Stalker Call Of Pipryat......

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/stalker-call-of-pripyat

I have this problem gaming wise. Start a game, like it for a bit, and then find I am playing Skyrim again instead....

I got bored of Bioshock Infinite and never finished it, same with Crysis 3. I've still got Arkham Origins (just didn't feel the same as the first two) and Far Cry 3 to finish too. I just keep ending up on Battlefield 4, no game gives a buzz like that does.

I do fancy Call of Pripyat though, that ghost town just fascinates me.

I found the same thing with batman origins. I think that even though it is essentially pretty repetitive, the story of the first two kept me hooked. The story in origins just doesn't really interest me!

Looking forward to the release of Watch_Dogs. Looking at the trailer this morning on my XBox one, the game looks absolutely fucking stunning.

Don't buy many games now but Im definitely getting Fifa road to Brazil. The South Africa one last time out was brilliant.

Donkey Kong isn't on the list, that's the hardest game ever surely...

Which one? The 2009 version was honourably mentioned.

I've still not completed the 1989 version of TMNT :(

I'm a little surprised that Bushido Blade wasn't on there, but maybe I'm a n00b.

Plants vs Zombies is free on Origin for the next fortnight.

Getting Watch dogs today. Looks great and is receiving reviews around 8.5 across the board so far

Battlefield 3 free on Origin (to keep) until 3rd June.

Just played the opening couple of hours on The Last of Us. Absolutely superb so far.

Battlefield 3 is free on Origin at the moment. (Sorry - just noticed it mentioned above!)
Just downloading it.

Not my normal type of game but I'll give it a go for free!

Last edited:
Last of Us as far as pure gameplay goes is pretty middling (though fun), but as an experience is friggin fantastic.

bought a wii u recently and been playing SMB and Monster Hunter. Looking forward to Mario Kart and Zelda.

One of my favourite ever games and probably the best opening to a game I've ever played too.

the opening of The Last Of Us is absolutely harrowing! fantastic game.

currently, slowly, playing through Assasins Creed: Black Flag. Far better than AC3.

Black flag is an excellent game. Going to get watch dogs when I get back to blighty but I have at least eight games barely started.

Back