• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

That's a hell of a position on Footpad, great work.

Saint Calvados looks like a proper lunatic 2 miler, and he's not even actually turned 5 yet. I'd possibly be concerned about his flat style of jumping on the run down the hill, but he's got optimum conditions. No doubt he's a threat.

Petit Mouchoir is a threat, but will need to improve his jumping from his reappearance behind Footpad where he clouted the first 2. Its testament to his ability that it didn't end his race right there and if he's improved again he'll be there or thereabouts.

Nicky loves Brain Power but he's never showed anything left handed, at Cheltenham or on the ground. I'm surprised he's not been pulled, but then I'm certainly not Nicky!

That's a hell of a position on Footpad, great work.

Saint Calvados looks like a proper lunatic 2 miler, and he's not even actually turned 5 yet. I'd possibly be concerned about his flat style of jumping on the run down the hill, but he's got optimum conditions. No doubt he's a threat.

Petit Mouchoir is a threat, but will need to improve his jumping from his reappearance behind Footpad where he clouted the first 2. Its testament to his ability that it didn't end his race right there and if he's improved again he'll be there or thereabouts.

Nicky loves Brain Power but he's never showed anything left handed, at Cheltenham or on the ground. I'm surprised he's not been pulled, but then I'm certainly not Nicky!

It will only be great work if he wins. It is of course laid off but only to take a minor profit. I still hope he romps home, but I'm not as confident as I was.

There you go, Murphy! Absolute doddle.

Shocking rides from Aidan and Davy.

There you go, Murphy! Absolute doddle.

Shocking rides from Aidan and Davy.

I wouldn't be too hard on them, they both thought it was the only way to get Footpad beaten. He could go on to be one of the greats.

Anyone else fed up of all this rain affecting the amount and quality of racing right now? The National could be an absolute slog if it carries on and i want some decent flat racing to get going.

Yep - I've got absolutely no interest in Aintree to be honest. The National will not make pleasant viewing with the ground as it is.

Yep disaster at the moment with meetings called off.

National (even by its standards) could be an absolute lottery, same as year Red Marauder won it when only 2 finished.

Punchestown kicks off today. Will be out there tomorrow with Penk who is over for it.

I've had a fourfold today with:
Blue Templar
Getabird
Douvan
Monalee

I'm on the Tyner horse at 80's in 6.05. My only bet of the day.

Yep. Tyner has won this for the last two years and his winner in 2016 had an almost identical preparation with two spins over hurdles. They absolutely love a gamble and it's one of the biggest races for selling horses of the season for trainers like him.

Was just going to habe a nibble on it and it's down to 8s now!

Probably as I got in their first ha.

Back