• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Wicklow Brave likes it soft. I've backed him without favourite (Buveur D'air) at 6s.

The first day is gonna be a crap shoot now though.

Struggling to find anything to back this year. If there is no challenge comp running, please may I have your tips Slink?? I think I'll back Saint Calvados tomorrow but only 3-1.

Struggling myself but it is what it is. I've already backed Kalashnikov and Gold Present in their races and got Buveur D'Air, Footpad and Apples Jade in various multiples from tomorrows races. I've been up quite a lot over the last 2 years in particular but i'm not confident now this rain has come although my biggest bet is on Native River in the GC and have 12s and 10s and this should suit him down to the ground.

Even though i've got Footpad in multiples i'm a big fan of Saint Calvados especially now the ground is soft/heavy, it's a strange race though as all 3 market principles would like to front run imo. Should be a cracker.

Thanks Slink. Just hope this heavy ground doesn't throw up silly results like there have been elsewhere recently. I like Native River too, had nice light season compared to last year when I thought he ran like tired horse in GC. Is the Tizzard form anything to worry about? Noticed the Twiston-Davies horses were on fire Saturday. Thanks again m8 and good luck!

This thread was always lively especially at this time of year. What has happened?

Thanks Slink. Just hope this heavy ground doesn't throw up silly results like there have been elsewhere recently. I like Native River too, had nice light season compared to last year when I thought he ran like tired horse in GC. Is the Tizzard form anything to worry about? Noticed the Twiston-Davies horses were on fire Saturday. Thanks again m8 and good luck!

Tizzards are in form now, 19% over the last 14 days and lots of placed horses in there too. Think they are peaking at the right time and he could have a few that surprise at bigger prices and i think Native River is top class, Finians Oscar will probably bounce back, Cue Card is being underestimated because of his age and while Presenting Percy could be a superstar in the RSA i think Elegant Escape will be the one finishing, i was hoping they would go the 4 mile route but they couldn't get a top irish Jockey.

This thread was always lively especially at this time of year. What has happened?

Haven't posted as i thought i would be posting to myself to be fair, will continue to do so though if others are around. This is my favourite week of the year by a million miles and will be venturing to Cheltenham tomorrow and Friday as usual. Any fancies Murphy?

Tizzards are in form now, 19% over the last 14 days and lots of placed horses in there too. Think they are peaking at the right time and he could have a few that surprise at bigger prices and i think Native River is top class, Finians Oscar will probably bounce back, Cue Card is being underestimated because of his age and while Presenting Percy could be a superstar in the RSA i think Elegant Escape will be the one finishing, i was hoping they would go the 4 mile route but they couldn't get a top irish Jockey.

Haven't posted as i thought i would be posting to myself to be fair, will continue to do so though if others are around. This is my favourite week of the year by a million miles and will be venturing to Cheltenham tomorrow and Friday as usual. Any fancies Murphy?

My favourite week of the year as well always has been and always will be. It is going to be harder with the ground as it is there is no doubt about it, so we will all have to tread carefully. I will give Testify a mention tomorrow and Wicklow Brave for me in the champion. The Irish horses must go in this year with an advantage as they run most of the time on rain soddened ground. I will try and post each evening/morning as the week goes on.

Struggling myself but it is what it is. I've already backed Kalashnikov and Gold Present in their races and got Buveur D'Air, Footpad and Apples Jade in various multiples from tomorrows races. I've been up quite a lot over the last 2 years in particular but i'm not confident now this rain has come although my biggest bet is on Native River in the GC and have 12s and 10s and this should suit him down to the ground.

Even though i've got Footpad in multiples i'm a big fan of Saint Calvados especially now the ground is soft/heavy, it's a strange race though as all 3 market principles would like to front run imo. Should be a cracker.

I'm with you at the prices with Native River all season this has been his target. I'm confident of a massive run and the ground will help

Glad you've mentioned Testify, followed him all year and backed him once the ground was called heavy this morning along with Le Rocher who have both won on very testing ground this year. Bit worried about the latter and his jumping but at 18/1 it's worth a gamble.

I'm on Testify in the novice handicap too.

The Ultima is a poor renewal, with no Irish involvement whatsoever and only 18 declared. I'll chance Yala Enki who will relish the ground and has no stamina concerns with plenty of big field experience. Venetia's are always better when the ground is sodden.

I’ve got Testify at 18/1. Gone for Summerville Boy and Coo Star Sivola due to the ground too.

Oh well all in with Testify! Penk I wouldn't put you off either of your other two

Ultima looks a tough one. Backed Un Temps Pour Tout the last 2 years and he won both times, he's not here this year so have stuck with jockey/trainer combo with Remses De Teillee and backed Gold Present ages ago and wishing i hadn't now as i don't think hr will like the ground.

I’ve got Testify at 18/1. Gone for Summerville Boy and Coo Star Sivola due to the ground too.

Like Murphy i think Summerville Boy and Coo Star Sivola have massive chances, only problem for me with the latter is his price now.

Tuesday is usually the day to pay for the rest of the week, but just can’t see it this year. My ante post looks a bit desperate now.

My favourite week of the year too. Off work as usual. Am going on Thursday this year, and watching with friends in Oxford on Friday. Was offered a ticket for £25 for tomorrow but couldn't take it when Wolves game got switched

I’d rather be at Cheltenham than Molineux. Off to Punchestown again this year, which for me just beats it.

I'm off to both, shooting straight back from Cheltenham to Molineux hoping to only miss the first 15 minutes and us being 2 up.

Just for the crack I'll pretend we're doing the tipping competition

1.30 Summerville Boy £10 e/w

2.10 Footpad £20 win, I've backed him all winter from 16's downwards but I'm scared of Saint Calvados

2.50 Cogry £10 e/w hardest race of the day for me

3.30 Wicklow Brave £10 e/w, I will have a saver on Faugheen who I would love to win

4.10 Apples Jade £20 win

4.50 Rathvinden £10 e/w

5.30 Testify £5 e/w
Mister Whitaker £5 e/w

Back