• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

This horse racing lark is easy. I got the winner again in my annual bet, and also the third place in the work sweepstake.

Irish National tomorrow will be a commentators nightmare 14 of the 30 runners owned by Gigginstown. That along with Gordon Elliott training 10 runners cant be good for the sport.

Our Duke is a Gold Cup horse there's absolutely no doubt about it. Impressive.

Great Field is an absolute loon but an exceptionally talented one.

David 'Dandy' Nicholls has died aged 61

Sir Jack came 3rd in 18.00 at Sandown.

Had a tip:
Firesnake
Chelmsford 8:30
Odds 15.00
Bet E/W

I've stuck a tiny bit on. Have had a few winners off this person before.

Ae we're getting to that time of year I thought I would bump this thread. Any thoughts anyone?

Gold cup is wide open, think Might Bite is the horse with the most talent but will he stay or will he have a moment like last year you just don't know. As it is i've backed Native River hoping that he comes back ok from his little injury and if so i think he will be much better off this year than he was last.

Don't see Apples Jade, Buveur d'air getting beat and if Altior comes back anywhere close to what he was nothing gets near him in the QM. Already got my tickets for the Tuesday and Friday as usual, can't wait.

Might Bite should win the Gold Cup.

If Faugheen’s last run was blip, he’ll beat Buveur D’air. I guess we’ll know more Friday.

Other horses I’m interested in are Black Corton, Apple’s Shakira, Sharjah and Max Dynamite.

I'm hoping Faugheen runs and wins well because i think Buveur D'air is the better horse now and he will be a much better price. He's improved massively, he travels so well and pings his hurdles and has beat everything put in front of him with ease since being returned to hurdles.

Not sure where Black Corton goes but should imagine he might not be good enough in either the RSA or the 4 miler. Apple's Shakira bolts up imo, the quicker they go in the Triumph the better. Not really got any thoughts on the other 2 Mullins horses.

I watched the race when Sharjah fell and thought he looked really good.

I’m only interested in Max Dynamite to see with Ricci was bullshitting or not.

What did Ricci say? He probably was bullshitting, he and Willie are not the best when it comes to being honest or giving info out such as targets.

He's been trimmed right in already on the back of his comments. 10/1 is no price for such a competitive handicap at this stage.

Sharjah runs this weekend, and it wouldn't surprise me if Getabird is moved back up in trip if he bolts up, as Ricci mooted it in the same interview he put up Max Dynamite. He travelled supremely well before that bizarre incident over Christmas.

Burning Ambition for the Foxhunters is the only one I have backed.

The ground has been horrible pretty much all season and I'm not going to collate an ante post portfolio off the back of it.

Black Corton 100% goes for the RSA. It isn't the strongest renewal in the world and it's difficult to really criticise the horse. 16's is very fair as an each way price, albeit I imagine he'll come up short. Wouldn't be surprised if Monalee doesn't go who gave by far the best performance 3m novice performance on his chase debut before that novicey and nasty fall last time out.

Irish Arkle (amongst a whole host of potentially top class racing this weekend) will be very informative for the Arkle. If Footpad wins nicely, he'll be 8/11 at best I'd imagine.

What did Ricci say? He probably was bullshitting, he and Willie are not the best when it comes to being honest or giving info out such as targets.

“I still believe, although I don't know how everybody else feels, that Max Dynamite is well handicapped over hurdles and his target is the County Hurdle," said Ricci.

"If you're looking for a sleeper from me, he should run well if he gets there in one piece."

Here's a bet for you Un De Sceaux 9/1 NRNB Bet365 Champion Chase. Chances are he won't line up, but question marks abound over a lot of horses ahead of him in the market. If he does get diverted just imagine what price he'll be on the day? The most underrated horse in training in my opinion. Interesting PP are only 9/2. I'd say he's still value for The Ryannair as well

Might Bite and Beveur D'air are my two real fancies

Samcro still 14/1 on Bet365 for the Supreme Novice Hurdle. Worth putting a few NRNB money on before he shortens. He’s 6/4 on Paddy Power.

Back