• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Obviously fancies Limini, she had a great run against Apple's Jade a few weeks ago.

Has Yorkhill been declared for the Arkle on Tuesday? Still in betting (second fav at 9/2) but surely going for JLT?

VVM would be favourite for me, although Apple's Jade beat her it was her first time out.

No, still favourite for the JLT.

Just had a look through loads of previous races of tomorrow's runners and still non the wiser.

My only conclusion is Singlefarmpayment might struggle up the hill.

Just had a look through loads of previous races of tomorrow's runners and still non the wiser.

My only conclusion is Singlefarmpayment might struggle up the hill.

It's such a tough year, much like you i can't make my mind up in most of the races and those that i have made my mind up i'm not that confident.

The Novice Handicap is an absolute minefield. They probably need to look into the restrictions on it as they are basically running off levels.

I'll take a chance on It'safreebee based on his Neptune run last year but not even remotely confident.

Brain Power and Petit Mouchoir are the value in the Champion for me. 8's for PM is too big - his performance last time out was superb on the clock and whilst he'll need to reign it in slightly for the hill, 8's is value. He'd be 2/1 if trained by Mullins. Not a chance that Buveir should be half the price in places - even if he may be the most talented. Brain Power will love the ground and Nicky is very sweet on him. A step into the unkown out of handicaps, but he's romped the last two with such ease that he has to be considered.

Yanworth will hit a flat spot, probably in the same place The New One has faltered every year, but there's no Faugheen or Annie this year so he may be able to reel them back in at the death.

Fancied Marinero for the Ultima, but he's not even declared! Holywell will get hammered in tomorrow morning, but he had his ground and headgear on LTO and still absolutely dogged it. Not for me.

The Mares is a cracking race and there's some real depth to it this year, even beyond the front three in the market. Apple's Jade E/W looks bombproof with 1/4 odds on offer at 4/1. Wouldn't be overly surprised if she reversed the form and won it.

Edwulf is the highest rated horse to ever take part in the 4 Miler, but not a chance am I taking 5/1 about a horse with his record over fences.You've always got to respect hat Codd rides, and A Genie in a Bottle shaped like 4 miles would be no problem although Cooper seems to think he may even get outpaced in this....

I fancy Beware the Bear who jumps nicely and his form ties in well with a number of other fancied horses. SWC always a bonus to. Tiger Roll will challenge if on a going day.

SkyBet paying 6 places on the Ultima.

Just had £5 e/w on The Druids Nephew at 9/1 on Paddy Power in the 14.50.

Call it a "tip" if you like, but one of my clients know the stable and they've been leading to this race for some time.

Similarly, my boss is good mates with a guy high up in the BHA (and is a professional gambler himself)who says the Skelton's have had a massive punt on Itsafreebee in the last.

Get in!

Had UTPT & Singlefarmpayment in a reverse forecast!

The Novice Handicap is an absolute minefield. They probably need to look into the restrictions on it as they are basically running off levels.

I'll take a chance on It'safreebee based on his Neptune run last year but not even remotely confident.

Brain Power and Petit Mouchoir are the value in the Champion for me. 8's for PM is too big - his performance last time out was superb on the clock and whilst he'll need to reign it in slightly for the hill, 8's is value. He'd be 2/1 if trained by Mullins. Not a chance that Buveir should be half the price in places - even if he may be the most talented. Brain Power will love the ground and Nicky is very sweet on him. A step into the unkown out of handicaps, but he's romped the last two with such ease that he has to be considered.

Yanworth will hit a flat spot, probably in the same place The New One has faltered every year, but there's no Faugheen or Annie this year so he may be able to reel them back in at the death.

Fancied Marinero for the Ultima, but he's not even declared! Holywell will get hammered in tomorrow morning, but he had his ground and headgear on LTO and still absolutely dogged it. Not for me.

The Mares is a cracking race and there's some real depth to it this year, even beyond the front three in the market. Apple's Jade E/W looks bombproof with 1/4 odds on offer at 4/1. Wouldn't be overly surprised if she reversed the form and won it.

Edwulf is the highest rated horse to ever take part in the 4 Miler, but not a chance am I taking 5/1 about a horse with his record over fences.You've always got to respect hat Codd rides, and A Genie in a Bottle shaped like 4 miles would be no problem although Cooper seems to think he may even get outpaced in this....

I fancy Beware the Bear who jumps nicely and his form ties in well with a number of other fancied horses. SWC always a bonus to. Tiger Roll will challenge if on a going day.

Shame I had no money on Apple's Jade and bloody Tiger Roll!

Relieved that Edwulf appears to be OK.

Fantastic news that Edwulf is ok. The way they looked after him just shows how much the connections love all their horses and Derek O'Connor stayed with him for the hour and 20 minutes it took to get him into the horse ambulance.

Shame I had no money on Apple's Jade and bloody Tiger Roll!

Relieved that Edwulf appears to be OK.

Fantastic news that Edwulf is ok. The way they looked after him just shows how much the connections love all their horses and Derek O'Connor stayed with him for the hour and 20 minutes it took to get him into the horse ambulance.

O'Brien is unsure what caused the gelding's collapse, but reports him to be recovering in a veterinary hospital in nearby Tewkesbury.

"Everyone there has done a great job, and they did a great job with him yesterday on the track," he told ITV4. "It's very positive this morning. They're not altogether sure [what went wrong], they thought it may have been something to do with his heart, but his heart came back normal relatively quickly and then he got up."

Mullins/Walsh again with the bookies saver. Bent bastards.

I wish I had that sort of cash to lose on a horse race.

You are joking aren't you? Clearly wrong.

What a fecking ride and what a horse! Outrageous!

Stunning.

Back