• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Was just about to say the same.

Brought my Altior/Native River double in anyway! Bristol De Mai was shite in that race.

All my horses seem to be winning today. I had To Be Fair and High Bridge earlier too as part of a Lucky15.

Altior/Native River is probably the easiest double I've had.

Tizzard 1-2-3 for the Gold Cup?

Still a rancid festival! I can't believe you typed that!

Agreed, the festival is never rancid. I know it gets a lot of stick for being the everything of National Hunt racing but it's class. Obviously it would be slightly better if the likes of Altior and Douvan had proper rivals and Faugheen and Annie were turning up but that will be forgotten once it starts. Going Tuesday and Friday again this year and been looking forward to it since last year.

Agreed, the festival is never rancid. I know it gets a lot of stick for being the everything of National Hunt racing but it's class. Obviously it would be slightly better if the likes of Altior and Douvan had proper rivals and Faugheen and Annie were turning up but that will be forgotten once it starts. Going Tuesday and Friday again this year and been looking forward to it since last year.

Exactly, couldn't have put it better myself.

Yeh, rancid was a step too far. Just a real shame about the equine talent that won't be able to grace the Festival this year.

Yeh, rancid was a step too far. Just a real shame about the equine talent that won't be able to grace the Festival this year.

That's horse racing for you. There will be other heroes this year and a fair few surprises along the way as well. That's why horse racing will always have a place in the nations heart and rightly so.

Tizzard did say you could barely tell there was a tear after they sorted it. I'd be surprised if he risked him though.

Penk - How are you rating Sir Billy's chances today? Up 4lb but still looks like it has every chance.

Murphy/Trips/Penk - Who are your big fancies for Cheltenham this year?

Also, is anyone running the tipping competition again this year (£10 per race one). Darlo?

I don't have time to run it this year I'm afraid.

When is Cheltenham? I'll be off work from after next Friday and laid up so will have time on my hands

Back