• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Next Tuesday - Friday.

I'm on nights from Sunday so will be sleeping but if people don't mind me doing the table etc on a night I'll do a tipster competition. Will set the thread up on Sunday night when things quieten down

That would be awesome Darlo. Cheers.

Murphy/Trips/Penk - Who are your big fancies for Cheltenham this year?

Also, is anyone running the tipping competition again this year (£10 per race one). Darlo?

It's going to be far tougher to pick winners this year than last. First day, I'll probably go:

Neon Wolf
Altior
Noble Endeavour, although I've been told singlefarmpayment will romp it from someone close to the owner.
Yanworth
Limini
Bellshill and Champers on Ice
Mixboy

So excited for Tuesday.

Murphy/Trips/Penk - Who are your big fancies for Cheltenham this year?

Also, is anyone running the tipping competition again this year (£10 per race one). Darlo?

A lot less first-day bankers than last couple of years. Altior looks nailed on for the Arkle, really excited for Mares Hurdle which looks like we're getting Limini v Vroum Vroum Mag v Apple's Jade. Fancy Yanworth for Champion Hurdle.

Looking further through the week - Douvan looks pretty solid for QM Chase, on Thursday you've got a decent treble on with Un De Sceaux, Yorkhill and Unowwhatimeanharry (big fancy) and then like the look of Native River for GC.

Can't wait for it start now - got to work Monday (literally going to sit in my kitchen and get everything done ASAP) then I'm off for the rest of the week. Tickets here and sorted for GC day.

Got entry in both Mares and Champion Hurdle.

Mullins was saying last week she'll probably be going in Mares but after the bullshit from him and Ricci last year regarding Vautour and GC won't be staking anything until its certain what race she's in

This is from Wednesday........Mullins told the Irish Times: "She is in the Champion Hurdle, too, and there's still a week to go so things can change. But the mares' race has been the plan all along for Vroum Vroum Mag and I would imagine that's where she'll go."

Only thing is that Limini is only entered for Mares so wouldn't surprise me if the above was shit and VVM does indeed go Champion Hurdle

Yeah after Limini got moved the other day then it wouldn't surprise me to see VVM switched.

Limini now drifting like a barge for the Mares.

Best price of 11/8. Can't see where she's drifting

She did drift on the exchanges earlier, as big as 10's i think at some point and lots of rumours that she hadn't traveled over.

VVM and Limini declared for the Mares Hurdle. Is it 48 hour deceleration this year?

Nah I don't think they'll be going that fast.

I wish they had to declare a week in advance. I hate this late switching around bollocks.

Back