• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Same here Murphy, that's why i haven't posted on the thread for a while. I just don't have the time to put the work in to bet confidently.

No worries if you don't get chance guys! Appreciate the tips I've already had

Dramatic first race at Doncaster, Cotai Glory clear and has race seemingly won and saddle slips just yards from the line, jockey falls off and there goes the £40k first prize!

Days like today annoy me when it comes to racing as i don't really have enough time anymore to study as much as i want or need to and then i'm too busy to put bets on. I've followed Stormachion all this season, knew he would relish the step up to 1m 6f and just forgot today that he was running. Hacks up at 15/2.

I said i'd have a quick look for Stan and will put up what i think of tomorrow in a short while.

If i had to have a bet in each race i'd go with;

2:05 - Estidhkaar - Looked good last time and won me a bit of money, couldn't go against him.
2:40 - Muthmir - Time for him to come good, will probably travel like he's going to win even if he doesn't.
3:15 - Cable Bay - Just hoping he gets back to last years form, if he does then he goes close and the fav is very short.
3:50 - No idea in the big race, most of the field have raced against each other and there is not a lot to choose between them. If he fav stays the trip he probably wins.
4:25 - I'm Fraam Govan - Just a horse i've followed since it ran in the bumper at Cheltenham a couple of years back.
5:00 - Marshall Jennings - Looks like Hannon had found the key to him last time.
6:05 - Prince of Johanne - Another one i'd be hoping comes back to form.

No worries Stan, hope you're not skint at the end of the day if you follow any of them.

I'm glad slink has put some up for you Stan. As he hasn't had a go in the Leger lets have a few quid on Forever Young at a nice price.

P.S. Hope you spot this, mind you maybe it's best if you don't :)

Cheers Murphy. Should be a good day.

Stan, for a REALLY daft, topical £1 e/w bet, try Scotland in the Ledger ;)

I'm glad slink has put some up for you Stan. As he hasn't had a go in the Leger lets have a few quid on Forever Young at a nice price.

P.S. Hope you spot this, mind you maybe it's best if you don't :)

Forever Now?? Dettori's horse?

If i had to have a bet in each race i'd go with;

2:05 - Estidhkaar - Looked good last time and won me a bit of money, couldn't go against him.
2:40 - Muthmir - Time for him to come good, will probably travel like he's going to win even if he doesn't.
3:15 - Cable Bay - Just hoping he gets back to last years form, if he does then he goes close and the fav is very short.
3:50 - No idea in the big race, most of the field have raced against each other and there is not a lot to choose between them. If he fav stays the trip he probably wins.
4:25 - I'm Fraam Govan - Just a horse i've followed since it ran in the bumper at Cheltenham a couple of years back.
5:00 - Marshall Jennings - Looks like Hannon had found the key to him last time.
6:05 - Prince of Johanne - Another one i'd be hoping comes back to form.

Fair play slink if Stan did those with Kingston Hill on top he'll have shown a profit.

Cheers Murphy, i think there was only Cable Bay that didn't run a really good race from what i've seen of the reports. Haven't seen any racing as i was at work but happy with the first 2 winners and thought Kingston Hill would win if he stayed but i wasn't sure before today.

Just going forward both Estidhkaar and Muthmir are ones to follow, the latter stumbled at the start and still broke the course record.

Not really sure what Joseph was doing on Australia today.

Free Eagle was monstrous.

Anybody have any thoughts on the Arc? Looks wide open.

Agreed on Australia Nando, why he made the move he did on the bend i'm not sure and the best jockey won that race for his horse. If only Moore wasn't such a miserable fucker.

I still think Taghrooda might have one last performance in her and i'm convinced she wasn't at her best last time. It looks wide open though and cases cold be made for a lot of horses even with Sea The Moon not running.

Kingman retired.

I just can't get properly into the flat when the best horses come and go so quickly.

My horse, Sir Billy Wright, is penciled in to make his debut at Wolverhampton on 9 October. Very excited.

Back