• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

What would they have done had you had Fascinating Rock?

Paid out as well, can't fault them in that respect. That doesn't happen in the high street or on course. Which was why when Lord Windermere won the Gold Cup I was sitting at home counting my winnings and everyone on course were shitting themselves.

Fair play, it's not like bookies to do themselves out of money.

Fair play, it's not like bookies to do themselves out of money.

Too much competition for them out there on the internet, there are some great deals if you're clever. On course or in the high street the mugs queue up to lose their money.

Another winner with 2 e/w still to race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad news that one of my favourite ever horses, Lochsong was put to sleep yesterday aged 26. Some really good memories of her and she made me a little money too

Last edited:
But then again if you look on the bright side,

images

Harsh Trev, very harsh! :charge:

Who wins The Oaks and The Derby?

Taghrooda and Orchestra

Who wins The Oaks and The Derby?

Taghrooda and Orchestra

Agree with Taghrooda, she looked very good at Newmarket last time. I think Australia wins the Derby if the rain doesn't come and if it does then i think something like Fascinating Rock is overpriced.

A little EW interest with Amazing Maria for me.

I'm surprised at that, after myself and slink mentioned the winner last night, then rein man sticks it up this morning, you don't back it :(

I've been having little bets on each race every day and didn't realise it was The Oaks until a few minutes before the off. A little faux pas from me.

Although, in the last few weeks I've managed to increase my account from £20 to £120 with having little £2-3 bets on every race of the day, so I'm reasonably chuffed that my form reading seems to be doing pretty well (Oaks excluded).

Really chuffed with that. Anyone who saw that run at Newmarket surely had to back her and how she went off 5/1 i will never know but i'm not complaining. On top of that it means Sea The Stars has a classic winner in his first crop and hopefully is on his way to joining Galileo as the best sires in the world.

On to the Derby tomorrow and i still think that Australia is probably the best horse but if the forecast rain comes then i think Fascinating Rock will run a very good race and is the one to be on.

Australia out to 2/1 in places.

It's not rained all that much yet and although they are expecting more Epsom dries pretty quickly and it is quite warm so it's looking like good ground at worse. If that is the case then i think 2/1 could look a great price considering he was odds on not long back. Although i fancied Taghrooda much more than i do Australia and she was 5/1 yesterday so whether i will be having a bet i'm not sure.

I still think away from Australia the Derrinstown form is the best on offer and Fascinating Rock and Ebanoran could have a say.

Back