• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2024/25 - Everything Not Wolves

Deutsch Wolf

Sponsored by Amazon Prime. DM me for discounts...
Reaction score
New thread day. How exciting.

As mentioned on the old thread, looks like Barkley to Villa is a thing. Not sure how their fans will feel about it as he was pretty rubbish for them on loan a few years back, and he won't stand out like he did in Luton's team.

Decent signing. They need cover in midfield especialliy with CL.

He helps them with the homegrown quota and is relatively cheap so it's worth a punt. I imagine that means Dendocker will be gone this summer.

Not sure he'll be a very impactful sub though? He seems to lose fitness quite dramatically when not playing every week.

Shouldn't be anything in here for weeks, difficult doing any business with players on holiday/Euros coming up/PSR (this adds nothing but want my little icon next to the new thread)
Think I mentioned it on the old thread but quite a few could do with selling someone before 30 June for PSR reasons

In news that has come out of nowhere...

Mbappe officially joining Real Madrid

🍿

West Ham have limited transfer funds this summer due to the strict financial rules in which wages, agent fees and amortisation of transfer fees can’t exceed 85% of turnover.

West Ham have to follow the financial rules or face a points deduction and there is a real possibility of Paqueta being banned for life and being written off financially which makes things very difficult.

The club source insist the Hammers will still be net spenders this Summer.

Where’s that from @Lupo ? I thought that the rules are the same next season and the 85% cap start the year after? You would think that the £100m for Rice wouldn’t see them in danger yet.

Just a fans view then. I might end up looking stupid here but I’m pretty sure that he’s got the rules wrong,

He has, 'reputable' journalists continually inaccurately report Wolves' financial situation

Imagine if it were true though..........what would Lopetegui do when he finds out ??

I think most people can now more easily imagine that our owners are so contemptible that’s why he left. A slightly more depressing but probable thought exercise is to wonder what a good manager will do when well backed in the transfer window by owners who have some form of ambition. We can watch and find out, and I don’t think it’s particularly funny.

I mean, fuck Fosun (or Shi I suppose), but also fuck Lop.

It would be spectacularly hilarious to me.

I think with Lop i'm of the view that the ends justified the means and that context is everything.

Got to say I think this is ridiculous now.
For me with him as Billy Dee would say it's not what you do it's the way that you do it. Him leaving was perfectly acceptable, the briefing and undermining of the playing staff not.

Back