• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

That my house move is entering the last phase now - all links of the chain in place and just keeping solicotors feet to the fire.

Going back to Surrey to be nearer my children and grandchildren. Costing me a load as its more expensive up there.

On the Wales discussion used to go on holiday on the cheap to stay with someone who had trained as a district nurse with my mum just after the war in Friog (not far from Barmouth) - brilliant scenery & beach there.
Only time at Llandudno was taking 2 16 yr olds on canal holiday up the Llandudno canal. Going oer the pontcysylite aqueduct - I'm at the back steering & both ot them were 60ft away at the front hanging over a 126 ft drop down to the river! Bugger all I could do about it so just chatted to all the Japanese tourists walking along the barriered path on the other side & hope that I still had 2 boys after we got over

That my house move is entering the last phase now - all links of the chain in place and just keeping solicotors feet to the fire.

Going back to Surrey to be nearer my children and grandchildren. Costing me a load as its more expensive up there.

On the Wales discussion used to go on holiday on the cheap to stay with someone who had trained as a district nurse with my mum just after the war in Friog (not far from Barmouth) - brilliant scenery & beach there.
Only time at Llandudno was taking 2 16 yr olds on canal holiday up the Llandudno canal. Going oer the pontcysylite aqueduct - I'm at the back steering & both ot them were 60ft away at the front hanging over a 126 ft drop down to the river! Bugger all I could do about it so just chatted to all the Japanese tourists walking along the barriered path on the other side & hope that I still had 2 boys after we got over

Good to see you on here again, sir

Are you mixing up the Llangollen canal with Llandudno? The canal that crosses the pontcysylite aqueduct ends in Llangollen I think.

Used to love spending weekends at families houses just outside Fairbourne as a kid. Boat across to Barmouth for 20p, hire a jet ski down in Tal y bont, 20 mins drive to Harlech for golf/castle and then back for a bbq on Fairbourne beach.

Fantastic times.

Our family had a holiday flat in Barmouth and we spent most six weeks summer holidays there for years. Really good memories. I wish we still had it now!

Are you mixing up the Llangollen canal with Llandudno? The canal that crosses the pontcysylite aqueduct ends in Llangollen I think.
Between the villages of Acrefair and Froncasomethingthatsoundswelsh.

My folks lived in the Fron. Their house backed on to a pub. My brother was drinking in there from the age of 16. In that much with my Dad the landlord made the pool table free and organised his 18th in there.

Walking across that aqueduct was odd. From the Fron side, no issues but from the Trevor basin it freaks you out

Back