• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The things that I really, really like thread...

As a leftie I would bowl a firing shot almost like a Malinga slingshot delivery in cricket. Arm pretty wide out. But you needed to know the angles well to avoid the block on the way to head as you weren't bowling with your eye behind the delivery.

Plus a lot of church halls and town halls where it was played were probably not exactly bowling green flat either. Fun game though.

As a leftie I would bowl a firing shot almost like a Malinga slingshot delivery in cricket. Arm pretty wide out. But you needed to know the angles well to avoid the block on the way to head as you weren't bowling with your eye behind the delivery.

Plus a lot of church halls and town halls where it was played were probably not exactly bowling green flat either. Fun game though.

I know all about non - flat floors. There are a couple of teams we play in the league where on a couple of mats it's almost impossible to keep the wood on the mat as it wanders off in the opposite direction that it should.

We use the main hall of the outdoor clubhouse (which was intentionally built long enough to host this) - ours is pretty flat compared to some we have to play on.

The town hall I played in had space for three mats. You KNEW that if you were drawn on the right mat as you came in the entrance you had to get as close the edge of the mat as possible on the left hand side and would still need to trail the jack. Just zero point in trying a backhand (as it was for me as a leftie) on the other side of the block. It just wouldn't turn.

I liked that mat as I had the advantage as I was bowling forehand on the favourable side, but it was a little silly in hindsight.

I wish, but I'm not a fighting person. Although at one stage he did become so aggressive I wondered if he intended giving me a kick!

Really? I've always thought "it's always the quiet ones" about you...that's why I'm polite to you.

Nah...you know where the bodies are buried AND you had a hand in putting them there. That's what I reckon.

I've got my eye on you. (just the one, mind).

When you turn over and Naked Attraction is on....and your 88 year old mom is in the same room.

Laughed till we all cried :)

When you turn over and Naked Attraction is on....and your 88 year old mom is in the same room.

Laughed till we all cried :)
It could be worse, your Mom could be in the same studio.......

Just received my first ever TM Lewin shirt order, they're lovely and very good value. No idea why i didn't do this years ago.

Our garage floor designed by hubby. Brought the black and orange ( gold) floor tiles with us over on the ship. Hes just shaping/ cutting the Wolf's head for the middle of the floor.

It's gonna look brill :)

Our garage floor designed by hubby. Brought the black and orange ( gold) floor tiles with us over on the ship. Hes just shaping/ cutting the Wolf's head for the middle of the floor.

It's gonna look brill :)

It looks bloody fantastic :)

When the budgie calls the cats name :icon_lol:

Really looking forward to this weekend. Today Gerry and I are off to take in "the magic of the FA Cup" as we're off to see Dulwich Hamlet vs Eastbourne Bourough. Tonight is a "meet up" of The Chicago Bears UK Supporters group in The Famous Three Kings, Hammersmith and tomorrow I get to see the Bears live!

A brilliant few days

A great day at my younger son's wedding on Friday (even the forecast rain held off) - and good to meet family & friends that I hadn't seen for some time.

Even the 1hr traffic jam on the way home on Saturday gave me time to reflect.

Then a win which no pundit would predict at the Etihad. If Carling did weekends it still wouldn't come close.

Back