• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The things that I really, really like thread...

Rhodes airport was fucking dreadful although I believe they have improved it significantly since I was there in 2001.

I'm not a Heathrow fan I must say.

I'll let budget Ryanair spots like Lübeck off, you get what you pay for there.

Heathrow >>> Gatwick. Heathrow at least has the tube connection which zips you into the city, Gatwick only has the poxy Express which is £20 one way

Tunis airport is like Athens x 10, mentally busy and no air-conditioning. Still better than Stansted though

Honourable mention for Brno, like a medium size cow shed.

Dubai is fantastic as well, thinking about it.

Brisbane is a bit shit. Barbados Grantley Adams is naff too - only thing about the island I can't stand.

Rhodes airport was fucking dreadful although I believe they have improved it significantly since I was there in 2001.

I'm not a Heathrow fan I must say.

I'll let budget Ryanair spots like Lübeck off, you get what you pay for there.

Nope. I was in Rhodes about 18 months ago and its a horrendous place. Easily the worst airport I've been to. It's about 10% of the size it should be as well.

Luton is the worst UK airport I've been to. Fucking dismal.

It's bad even allowing for what I know about Luton and Bedfordshire in general.

Luton is only above Stansted for me due to being slightly closer.

Ahem...

The best thing about Luton is the road through Dunstable towards Aylesbury. Oh - and there used to be a decent role playing games shop there in about 1986-1990.

Jet 2000 Terminal at Leeds Bradford is absolutely fucking horrendous. Never EVER EVER again.

I do like the Eurostar mind you. First time using it this weekend and it's way better than flying.

Not been to Leeds/Bradford but apparently it's notorious for high winds fucking everything up.

Manchester airport used to be really shit 20 years or so ago but it's ok now.

I do like the Eurostar mind you. First time using it this weekend and it's way better than flying.

Great isn't it? Lovely big seats, fast and you can actually enjoy the journey. Our rail system is a farce by comparison.

Did you get the train from Brussels to Bruges?

Great isn't it? Lovely big seats, fast and you can actually enjoy the journey. Our rail system is a farce by comparison.

Did you get the train from Brussels to Bruges?

Yeah, changed at Brussels and got a local service to Bruges.

What makes a good airport? All im bothered about is my plane taking off on time,and it's got somewhere to get a wine, and a chair for me to read a book until take off.

Doncaster/Sheffield is up there in the worst airport stakes.

Only had a shitty Wetherspoons for entertainment and it isn’t even cheap

What makes a good airport? All im bothered about is my plane taking off on time,and it's got somewhere to get a wine, and a chair for me to read a book until take off.

The worst airports have none of the above...

The worst airports have none of the above...

No wine and no chair, thats bad!

Worst airports for having to sleep overnight on the floor due to snow and all hotels fully booked goes to Atlanta, Newark and chicago. Freezing cold and no blanket. Then at 5.30 a security chap comes round and gently kicks your foot telling you to get up.

Worst airports for having to sleep overnight on the floor due to snow and all hotels fully booked goes to Atlanta, Newark and chicago. Freezing cold and no blanket. Then at 5.30 a security chap comes round and gently kicks your foot telling you to get up.

And after a night on the floor, you could cheerfully kick his face in.

Should be illegal, Susan.

Frankfurt is a different bracket, I'm sure it's actually possible to have a decent experience there, it's just that if it's anything other than a straightforward in and out job, you're in trouble. Everything is fucking miles away from each other. If you're changing there with any kind of a tightish turnaround then it is a total nightmare.

I also flew back through there (Hamburg-Frankfurt-Birmingham) about three months after 9/11, got stuck going through the same queue to departures as a flight to New York and the security checks were ridiculous, nearly caused me to miss my flight completely.

Back