• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Murray breaks in the fifth game of the second set to lead 3-2 after a brilliant set of shots

Murray will serve for the Championship...

Comfortable as it gets in a final. Never looked like being broken.

Murray holds his nerve and wins... His ability to stay in rallies and make his opponent play more shots after they think the point is won is phenomenal

Just need to see how the draw pans out, but I can only see Federer and Djokovic being likely to cause Murray problems at Wimbledon.

Just need to see how the draw pans out, but I can only see Federer and Djokovic being likely to cause Murray problems at Wimbledon.

He'll end up in the same half of the draw as Federer, Djokovic and Nedal!

Nadal has been seeded 10th at Wimbledon, meaning he could face Djok/Fed/Murray in the 4th Round.

The only time any of the 4 have faced that early in a slam was 2007 Aus Open when Federer beat Djokovic, who was 14th seed

Johanna Konta looks likely to add another scalp to her name at Eastbourne today in the shape of Spain's world number 20 Garbine Muguruza.

Edit: Wins 6-4 4-6 6-3

Regarding Wimbledon, I presume that barring upsets, then Djokovic and Murray will meet in the final. And we know how those contests usually end up...

Djokovic has never beaten Murray on grass.

I was pretty sure that was the case but without checking I didn't want to say so.

It's a tiny sample size (2) but a fact nonetheless :)

Murray avoids the Djokovic side of the draw at Wimbledon.

Could meet Nadal in the quarters (or possibly Ferrer) and then maybe Federer in the semis.

He's in good form and looking fitter than previously since that back injury. He has a great shot at this one!

I was just reading about Djokovic, and apparently he does not play competitive grass court tennis prior to Wimbledon.

Murray's potential route to the final

First Round: Mikhail Kukushkin (Kazakhstan)

Second Round: Robin Haase (Netherlands)/ Alejandro Falla (Colombia)

Third Round: Andreas Seppi (Italy)

Fourth Round: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (France)

Quarter Finals: Rafael Nadal/David Ferrer (Spain)

Semi Finals: Roger Federer (Switzerland)

Final: Novak Djokovic (Serbia)

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga on grass, playing well anything could happen.

Back