• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Poor set from Murray, seemed to get dragged in to the Djokovic mind games that he was actually injured and didn't push on from 2-0 up. Tough to come back now.

Many unforced errors from Murray and Djokovic deservedly leads..

Not sure he bottled it, he's just not as good as Djokovic. And in individual sports there's less variables so the best player often wins

He was good enough in the first sets though, he crumbled thereafter - its either physical or mental condition. I'd think the latter.

If Federer is the most "pure" tennis player I've ever seen then Djokovic is the most ruthless. He is brutal against any show of weakness. Incredibly tough to play against.

A disappointing end but shouldn't detract from a very good tournament from Murray (think he is back to number 4 in the world now).

It's not that simple. If Djokovic was playing 2% below capabilities and Murray was playing 2% above his then he's in the match.

But Murray isn't as good as Djokovic so is likely to drop off. The consistentcy is what separates the best from the rest.

Djokovic...good forehand, backhand,serve, volley, smash..tactical shots and good endurance, top mentality..hard to find any weak side to his game..champion

Great Britain about to go one up against the USA in the Davis cup. The tie will hinge on whether or not James Ward will win one of his singles rubbers as I doubt that the Bryans will be beaten.

Ward 12-11 up in the 5th against Isner.

Ward takes it in the end. Not the best quality match but compelling viewing.

Ward has won 15 - 13 in the fifth

This court seems really fast. Murray really struggling against the serve when normally he is one of the best against big servers.

Following on from Leicestershire's win earlier, today is the day for ending long unbroken streaks. Nadal has just lost his first game at Roland Garros since 2009 and only his second ever. Straight sets to Djokovic.

Murray currently two sets up vs Ferrer in the other quarter final.

Murray wins in four. Now, this is something that gets my goat. What the fucking hell is Murray at number three seed doing in the same side of the draw as Djokovic as number one? Surely that quarter should have been for the number 4 seed?

Now we have 1 v 3 and 8 v 14 for the semis. Seems a bit of a shame.

Murray wins in four. Now, this is something that gets my goat. What the fucking hell is Murray at number three seed doing in the same side of the draw as Djokovic as number one? Surely that quarter should have been for the number 4 seed?

Now we have 1 v 3 and 8 v 14 for the semis. Seems a bit of a shame.

Seems to happen quite a bit. The semis seem to be random. Murray has benefitted from it in the past though

They keep 1 and 2 seperate. Draw 3/4 into either half. 5-8 get split by draw. 9-16,17-32.

Keeps it from constantly getting the same S-F/Q-F line ups. Federer should of benefited in Paris with Novak, Murray and Nadal (6) in the other half.

I prefer this way. In darts its pre-determined 1v16 2v15 then 1v8 2v7 etc all the way through, lots of the draws always end up the same

Back